You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 6th 2009, 7:35pm

SB Information Compilation

Maybe I'm the only English-speaker who has a desire to know the SB rules, and that's fine with me. The notion that some things are common sense and some things are regional or cultural when it comes to appropriate interaction on the SB has led me to start this thread. I've found SB Moderators in general do not all follow the same sets of rules, so I have come to the forums to record those that seem like common sense to me, but are commonly ignored.

The reason why I am doing this is because Moderators do not all have the same sets of rules, so following SB rules can be difficult based on when you normally are logged on. If you are interested in compiling rules you can not find documented anywhere please post the Moderator who has informed you of the rule, as well as the exact quotes of that Moderator's ruling. This is intended to help both me and anyone who would rather be law abiding than "right" what not to accept or engage in.

For instance:
For me the word "hate" is offensive and I don't particularly enjoy seeing it applied to anything real. Mod 142 agrees with me: Telling a player, person, or mod that you hate them is a personal affront, and I won't tolerate it in the SB. If you want to hate toast or a celebrity or working 40 hours a week, tell the world for all I care, but when it gets personal, I'm going to call someone out for it.

Lady K

Professional

Monday, April 6th 2009, 8:12pm

Firstly, all moderators do have the same set of rules, they are the same set of rules which appear on the FAQ.

By human nature, we all interpret the same rules different ways. For example, you refer to posts using the word Hate, it depends on what context this is used, for example, I would not ban someone who said ' I hate the rain' but I also wouldnt ban someone who said 'I hate you mod'.

When a player has a history of setting out to goad the mods (and I do not mean Ice or nomad) they do get special attention or new worlds get the same attention over others.

Modding has to be a mix of the basic rules and understanding for the situation.

I do honestly think that any issues players have with mods should be taken up directly with admin and not posting on either the forum or the sb. Personally, I feel that if a player has an issue with an action which i had made as a mod, I would want them to either contact myself or admin. Not 'bad mouth' me on a forum. We are all human and admittidly make mistakes

Monday, April 6th 2009, 8:25pm

As far as I can tell I have not bad mouthed anyone. In fact, I go out of my way to be respectful. Please PM me which parts are disrespectful and I will remove them. My intention is to record rules as individual moderators rule on them.

Lady K

Professional

Monday, April 6th 2009, 8:46pm

As far as I can tell I have not bad mouthed anyone. In fact, I go out of my way to be respectful. Please PM me which parts are disrespectful and I will remove them. My intention is to record rules as individual moderators rule on them.
hey virgo, I am sorry, i dint mean that you had, just that I worry that using the forum opens up that opportunity. Constructive critisism is always welcome as long as its constructive :)

LaidBeatle

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 12:53am

i think Virgo brings up a valid point. i was watching the SB today, and there was an incident when a mod asked a new player to check the FAQ/game guide first before asking further questions. upon that post, another player (yes, it was Ice) dropped the comment: I hate this mod, i'm leaving the SB. subsequently, the mod in question took this rather personally and responded by saying something along the lines of (this is strictly from my memory of about 6 hours ago, NOT a direct quote): "be careful who you are talking to". directly afterwards i asked the mod (in a somewhat sarcastic tone) why the harsh reaction. subsequently, the mod decided to give the entire SB a warning that the next person to insult him would be banned.
personally, ive seen the mods take much worse comments towards them, and almost always respond with wit and grace, and definately not with a holier-than-thou attitude or an otherwise threatening stance. i understand everyone can have a bad day, and most likely this was one of them. unfortunately i am not familiar with this particular mod as i am with some other ones.
HOWEVER, i do feel that anyone showing disrespect to the mods is detrimental to the game. we all benefit from the hard work (and i do stress HARD work) that the mods put into the game. without them, none of us could enjoy the SB. my point is that perhaps because this is such a gray area, people should understand that it is best to support the mods in the work they do by helping new people learn and adjust to the game, instead of undermining the authority of the mods and the SB rules. likewise, the mods should not engage in personal agendas (which i believe it was in this particular case).

please feel free to correct me if im wrong with my quotes, or add any opinion you might have.

fscottnational

SB Moderator EN

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 3:06am

LaidBeatle, the entire SB transcript has been forwarded to the admin. While some of your recollection is correct, the only reason the SB was warned is because certain players decided to keep looking for rule clarification after it was already made through private PMs, and other players decided to get involved in a situation that didn't concern them.

Unfortunately, there are players that revel in creating drama in the SB. Other players have decided to join in. A mod has little recourse but to issue a SB-wide warning when five or six players start disrupting the SB and questioning rule interpretation. Those questions should be handled through private PMs or through PMs to the admin. But again, there are players that love to create the drama, and then sit back and watch the SB explode.

All I can say is what I say in any thread that has to do with mod praise and critique - if any player has a problem with the way a mod handles himself/herself in the SB, they should contact the admin and file a complaint. Unfortunately, most players don't do that.
I am fscottnational and I APPROVE this message! :thumbsup:

Mod 213

Resigned mod

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 3:16am

why is it that i am always the best example?

about the events in the SB that led to my banning, i would like to say this: i told the SB that i hate the mod (true) and that i would leave the SB because of it (true). i stepped aside to avoid a confrontation. but 3 minutes after my post, the mod responded. at that time i just stated that i would leave the SB (again).
what happens next is simple. this mod commented on every little detail that could be considered a small abuse of the rules. and when i say small, i mean really small. after about 10 minutes of staying on the side line, i said that the mod seemed to comment on everything tonight. a comment that most mods would find slightly amusing. and this mod would do the same if the comment wasn't mine. it took the mod another 3 minutes to decide to ban me once again.
for the record just this one comment: my friends in the SB stated in those 3 minutes that i should let it be. and i was planning to do so on their request. i could have easely said another comment against the mod but i didn't because i respected the wishes of the SB. and let's not forget that he even turned on the people in the SB at that time that told me to stay calm.
i really enjoy the fact that he had to think about banning me. it proves that he has really thought about his action. but than again, i strongly doubt this mod his abillity to even think. it think it was more a matter of the impulses finding a pad to his small minded brain.

Mod 213

Resigned mod

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 3:18am

All I can say is what I say in any thread that has to do with mod praise and critique - if any player has a problem with the way a mod handles himself/herself in the SB, they should contact the admin and file a complaint. Unfortunately, most players don't do that.
and if we do send a message to support team in game, the mods get to see it. does that seem fair? i complain about you and you get to read it before admin even knows it's there.

fscottnational

SB Moderator EN

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 3:52am

Again, I'll say this - the entire transcript of the SB was sent to admin. If you want to debate the facts versus your revisionist history of the events with the admin, I'm up for it. I've got nothing to hide, and stand by my actions.
I am fscottnational and I APPROVE this message! :thumbsup:

damadar

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 9:25am

Again, I'll say this - the entire transcript of the SB was sent to admin. If you want to debate the facts versus your revisionist history of the events with the admin, I'm up for it. I've got nothing to hide, and stand by my actions.

M8 I was there too and for the most part I stay out of your little drama's but enuf is enuf. Perhaps you should hand in your mod badge and let some1 else who isnt so touchy take the post. It is supposed to be a game with fun and happiness but it doesnt feel that way when you decide to police every little thing. If that was the case all the time most of us players who have been around for awhile would be banned most of the time. Like I said I normally keep my 2 cents to myself but you went to far yesterday and with your posts here I thought it was only right that I have my say.

Anseo

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 9:50am

Please don't complain with Mods on the forum. As repeated earlier this month you can always address us your issue with Moding via the support or even by email (support.en@tagoria.net).

Of course any of us (us being Admins and Mods) can sometimes let our mood influence our decisions and reactions. We're not gonna debate for the zillionth time about human nature here, ok ? Now get over it, there's no conspiracy against anyone and let's play the game with fun and happinness.

Lady K

Professional

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 9:51am

Ok guys, ultimatly Scotts was/is doing his job.

Ice, due to your actions over the last few weeks, a number of mod have lost their sense of humour with you. To post on the SB that you 'hate' a player or infact a mod can be deemed hurtfull either way, was Scott supposed to ignore this comment? After you publically announced that you 'hated him'?

There is a huge amount of tention in W1 at the moment which is caused by the conflict between players and mods, the Mods are fed up of modding and being questioned by a hand full of players and the players are fed up with the grey area's which exist within the rules.

Dam, I think your comment against Scott is uncalled for, this is exactly the kind of comment which has caused this issue.

Bearing in mind the ages of people who play tag and we have all seen them post their ages on the sb, how would W1 survive with NO mods.. You may think 'yeah no mods' but just remember the youngsters who play this game, should they have to watch the sexual induendo's which are constantly posted on the sb? the language which is used by discruntled players? Because thats what it is coming to. Mods play to but when we feel that we are becoming personal targets, is that 'Fun'? It is starting to feel like Mob tactics to make certain mods feel supressed...

Not on :(

Anseo

Unregistered

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 9:54am

Very good Lady K. you sum it all up much better than me. :)
Discussion closed.

All parties are more than welcome to contact us by email or with the support tool to send us any questions or claims they might have.