You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 9:58pm

My current build is STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC. STR ahead of DEX by 75, DEX ahead of STA by 10 and STA ahead of AGI by 5. ACC stopped at 75 for now. That gives me at least 10/12 completed AP per day and 90% win against players up to my level +4 and 20+ fights per battle.

Wednesday, March 25th 2009, 12:02am

STR
DEX
STA
AGI
ACC

My STA I make sure to keep within 20-30 of the other top players. Anyone under lvl 35 rarely can even get a hit in....

I have the best Armour but not the best weapons thus i want my hits to count, and if I don't dodge i have the def.

This build also yields the most AS from the mountains. Well actually the best build for AS would be STR DEX ACC STA AGI, as STA is mute in the mountains.

Redeemer

Intermediate

• "Redeemer" started this thread

Monday, April 6th 2009, 12:12am

I'm trying STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC now, and it seems to work well. My total amber gained from plunders seems to have gone up as well.
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO], W6 EN Mr Credit Card, W8 EN Noble [BS]
Tagoria: W1 EN The Redeemer, W3 EN Noble
AI Wars: W1 EN Nobility

Redeemer

Intermediate

Friday, June 5th 2009, 4:49am

bump

Redeemer

Intermediate

Friday, January 8th 2010, 1:54am

Bumped for someone.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Friday, January 15th 2010, 8:19pm

Modified-Macho Man Approach

For the last month or two I've been using what I can only call a modified version of the Macho Man approach to stats from HW (credit to falco for the name of it) in TG W1, or as close to it as I could get with TG's stats.

So, that's STR/AGI/DEX/STA/ACC.

My initial thinking was that I would hit hard, and at the same time be more able to dodge my opponent's blows, thus reducing the damage I would take, but still be able to connect my own strikes.

I don't know why, but that's not really what I've found. The damage I take is about the same, I seem to do about the same in battles, but I seem to do less damage to my enemies in PvP fights and I also seem to be losing more XP fights. I do seem to have more close fights in the plunders where I lose by just 20-70HP, whereas before most of them would end up with me either totally owning my opponent or facing an opponent with something like three times my accuracy and losing by a landslide. Plunder payouts are about the same really. I'm at a loss to explain why this wasn't helpful. :huh: :S

This approach only really seems to work against players with really low Agility and/or Dexterity in my experience fights, because in the fights where my opponent has high Agility as well I usually end up either losing by 200-400+ HP or end up with a really close fight where I lose.

I guess it's possible I just don't have high enough agility for it to be effective, but I'm not sure I want to raise it even higher if it makes me even less effective in fights.

I may just go back to STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC or maybe try STR/DEX/AGI/STA/ACC. There is still the possibility of trying STR/DEX+AGI/STA/ACC or STR/DEX/AGI+STA/ACC though.

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 12:36am

I'm tempted to spend diamonds on a stat reset. My two considered builds I've categorized as BRUTE or DERVISH I'm a level 29 and the top in the world is 33 and he plays in my Horde so I'm not fighting him.

BRUTE:
STR - 200 or 272 w/Bling
DEX - 200 or 230 w/Bling
AGI - 75 or 87 w/Bling
STA - 150 or 161 w/Bling
ACU - 29 or 29 w/Bling
DEF - 107
HP - 100/92

DERVISH
STR - 150 or 222 w/Bling
DEX - 200 or 230 w/Bling
AGI - 200 or 212 w/Bling
STA - 100 or 111 w/Bling
ACU - 4 or 4 w/Bling
DEF - 107
HP - 100/92

Now I'm guessing with the BRUTE build, I'm going to lose some Plunders daily, but I should get a carp load of AS and XP right? I'm also guessing my Battles will be feast or famine, due to the big swings. However, XP PVP is going to hurt bad, I'm either going to squash my opponent or get squashed.

With the DERVISH build, I figure I'll go 12/12 most nights on plunders, but my AS and XP will be dramatically lower. I'm also guess my battles will be lots of battles, but coin flips on whether I win or lose, but I should be able to XP hunt like a monster.

Thoughts?

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 2:34am

RE: Modified-Macho Man Approach

For the last month or two I've been using what I can only call a modified version of the Macho Man approach to stats from HW (credit to falco for the name of it) in TG W1, or as close to it as I could get with TG's stats.

Well, if you remember, in HW I suggested that this probably only worked for people who were up at the very top of their world. So, expecting it to work for a mid-level player in a different game seems to be grasping at straws....
My initial thinking was that I would hit hard, and at the same time be more able to dodge my opponent's blows, thus reducing the damage I would take, but still be able to connect my own strikes.

I don't know why, but that's not really what I've found. The damage I take is about the same, I seem to do about the same in battles, but I seem to do less damage to my enemies in PvP fights and I also seem to be losing more XP fights. I do seem to have more close fights in the plunders where I lose by just 20-70HP, whereas before most of them would end up with me either totally owning my opponent or facing an opponent with something like three times my accuracy and losing by a landslide. Plunder payouts are about the same really. I'm at a loss to explain why this wasn't helpful. :huh: :S
Well, it _could_ just be that the people you're fighting still dwarf your AGI with their DEX. But I think there's more to it. It seems like AGI has much faster diminishing returns than the other stats (or at least than STR, DEX, and maybe STA). If your AGI is ridiculously low, a small increase can dramatically decrease the damage you take. But if it's already high, adding a little more has almost no visible effect. By contrast, a little more STR always means a little more damage (and more randomness), the same at 400 as at 100.

Anyway, lots of AGI and ridiculously low ACC should mean less randomness. Nobody's ever going to land a half-dozen crits on you, so your losses will be a lot closer. But if you're actually weaker than the people (and monsters) your fighting, less randomness just means fewer wins, right? And it sounds like that's what you're seeing.

Also, as with ATT and STA in HW, I think high DEX without decent STA to back it up ends up being a waste. Who cares how often you connect if you only get half as many swings? The balance is definitely different here--I don't think it's possible to get the same kind of over-the-top advantage that you can get from STA in HW, where I sometimes get 10 swings to 2 in a round--but the basic idea still applies.

I'd guess that more DEX, and some more STA, would probably be the way to go to increase win rates, while more ACC, and maybe some more STR (I don't know how far ahead you have it) to increase plunder payouts (but I wouldn't worry about that until I was winning).
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 2:46am

I'm tempted to spend diamonds on a stat reset. My two considered builds I've categorized as BRUTE or DERVISH I'm a level 29 and the top in the world is 33 and he plays in my Horde so I'm not fighting him.

BRUTE:
STR - 200 or 272 w/Bling
DEX - 200 or 230 w/Bling
AGI - 75 or 87 w/Bling
STA - 150 or 161 w/Bling
ACU - 29 or 29 w/Bling
DEF - 107
HP - 100/92

DERVISH
STR - 150 or 222 w/Bling
DEX - 200 or 230 w/Bling
AGI - 200 or 212 w/Bling
STA - 100 or 111 w/Bling
ACU - 4 or 4 w/Bling
DEF - 107
HP - 100/92

Now I'm guessing with the BRUTE build, I'm going to lose some Plunders daily, but I should get a carp load of AS and XP right? I'm also guessing my Battles will be feast or famine, due to the big swings. However, XP PVP is going to hurt bad, I'm either going to squash my opponent or get squashed.

With the DERVISH build, I figure I'll go 12/12 most nights on plunders, but my AS and XP will be dramatically lower. I'm also guess my battles will be lots of battles, but coin flips on whether I win or lose, but I should be able to XP hunt like a monster.

Thoughts?
First, I don't think xp has anything to do with damage, only as does. I could be wrong about that, but when I compare my plunders to gigio's, I get just as many 3s and 4s as him, despite getting nowhere near as many 5000s. If I'm right, the Dervish build will actually mean more xp (because a loss is always only 1xp).

Also, I'm not sure you will get huge payouts with your ACC that low. As far as I can tell, gigio's extra profit doesn't come from a little more in each fight; it comes from the occasional huge monster fights. And I suspect you need ACC for that.

I'd be interested to see what happens with the Dervish's STR. Having decent STR, but almost all of it in bling--does that mean the monsters will be weak and you'll take very low damage? That would confirm the "matching base stats" theory.

As for the AGI, as I just said to Redeemer, I'm not sure it helps much to get it that high. But to be honest, I haven't actually tried going anywhere near that far, and I'd love for someone else to try the experiment. :)

And I think low STA takes away from the effectiveness of high DEX (and maybe AGI). But that's actually based more on HW experiments than TG experiments, so I'm not 100% sure it applies here. As I said to Redeemer, when I tried ridiculously high STA here, it didn't seem to have the same benefits as in HW.

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 2:55am

Is there a happy medium?

I can't really afford to play around with Diamonds too much, I've got a big surplus, but I'm about to upgrade (I shouldn't have said 100 HP, I still have my iron flail, my HP will be 100 this weekend) to a shattering club, due to a horde member winning a better wep from the druid.

Would a stat ratio of

STR: 170
DEX: 170
AGI: 120
STA: 130
ACU: 064

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 3:26am

Are you talking base or modified with that one? 170 STR and DEX seems really low. It's lower than the base values for either of your two original alternatives.

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 5:27am

Let's try this lol.

I'm going to tell you my level, total STAT points, then tell you my bling/Rune points, then my DEF, then my HP. I'll explain what I'm considering for my stat build and why and you tell me what I'm missing or where I'm wrong.

Current:
LVL 29
BASE STR: 200
BASE DEX: 175
BASE AGI: 112
BASE STA: 138
BASE ACU: 030

W/BLING
STR: 272
DEX: 205
AGI: 124
STA: 149
ACU: 030

DEF: 107
HP: 92/75

Our last DB was this week. I won XP hero, went 9 W 4L and 16XP and was XP hero. My friend won Rock Armor and didn't need it, so he sold it to me. So I upgraded from 94 DEF to 107 DEF. That's when my Plunders started going to hell.

Since upgrading to Rock Armor I've lost 20 Plunders out of 84 and seen my avg haul per plunder drop by 200 AS. The first few days I chalked it up to bad luck, but day four it seemed to be more than a series of bad rolls, it seemed that something was messed up in my build. I'm guessing its my DEF to HP ratio, but am afraid it might be my low AGI. I've been winning more XP hunts, but I've also lost some weird fights to people who's total stats I beat by almost 75.

To counter this I've considered the two builds I mentioned above, BRUTE and DERVISH.

I've also considered using the LIBRA

LIBRA BASE BUILD
STR 135
DEX 120
AGI 100
STA 100
ACU 100

W/BLING
STR 207
DEX 150
AGI 112
STA 111
ACU 100

Reasonings behind considered builds.

BRUTE: Higher AS Plunders High Risk High Reward Strategy that would make XP fights and Battles super Random
DERVISH: Higher Win Ratio; better XP; lower AS; worse battles; cheaper XP fights
LIBRA: I have no idea what this would do, but It would give me a high ACU, which would lead to Big AS if I landed Crits, but it seems I'd lose a ton of fights.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "brok" (Jan 16th 2010, 5:50am)

Redeemer

Intermediate

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 5:54am

Well, if you remember, in HW I suggested that this probably only worked for people who were up at the very top of their world. So, expecting it to work for a mid-level player in a different game seems to be grasping at straws....
Maybe. Actually, I just wanted to adapt the approach I use in HW to this to see how it would go. Just so happened it seemed to be closest to that approach you mentioned.

Didn't work out as well here as it does there though.

Well, it _could_ just be that the people you're fighting still dwarf your AGI with their DEX. But I think there's more to it. It seems like AGI has much faster diminishing returns than the other stats (or at least than STR, DEX, and maybe STA). If your AGI is ridiculously low, a small increase can dramatically decrease the damage you take. But if it's already high, adding a little more has almost no visible effect. By contrast, a little more STR always means a little more damage (and more randomness), the same at 400 as at 100.

Anyway, lots of AGI and ridiculously low ACC should mean less randomness. Nobody's ever going to land a half-dozen crits on you, so your losses will be a lot closer. But if you're actually weaker than the people (and monsters) your fighting, less randomness just means fewer wins, right? And it sounds like that's what you're seeing.

Also, as with ATT and STA in HW, I think high DEX without decent STA to back it up ends up being a waste. Who cares how often you connect if you only get half as many swings? The balance is definitely different here--I don't think it's possible to get the same kind of over-the-top advantage that you can get from STA in HW, where I sometimes get 10 swings to 2 in a round--but the basic idea still applies.

I'd guess that more DEX, and some more STA, would probably be the way to go to increase win rates, while more ACC, and maybe some more STR (I don't know how far ahead you have it) to increase plunder payouts (but I wouldn't worry about that until I was winning).
Well, originally I had my Agility pretty low (around 30-40 below my DEX and STA), so I boosted it by fifty or sixty points.

At the moment, I'm at 390 STR/314 AGI/304 DEX/295 STA/84 ACC; although, my stat average is pretty high IMO.

I'd been thinking maybe I should just raise my DEX, STA, and AGI for a while to catch them back up to my STR. I'm not really sure if that's necessary or not though because I've seen other people with their stats distributed over a much larger spread.

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, January 16th 2010, 7:08am

Well, originally I had my Agility pretty low (around 30-40 below my DEX and STA), so I boosted it by fifty or sixty points.
OK, in HW, having AGI 30-40 below ATT and STA counts as ridiculously low. But in this game, it doesn't.

By "ridiculously low," I meant the people who have 500 STR and 90 AGI. At that level, another 10 AGI will give you huge savings in healing, and win a lot more fights. But going from 290-300 (or even making a more proportionate change, like 290-320) seems to have much, much less effect.

I'm not 100% sure on this (because I've never actually tried it), but I think that perfectly even stats would be disastrously bad in this game, unlike HW and AIW, and I think almost everyone else agrees.

It would be hilarious if we were all wrong, perfectly even stats could clobber the typical STR-monster build that most people have and get you 12/12 plunders/day with a high payout, and the only reason we never figured it out is that being halfway between STR-monster and even is worse than either extreme and nobody ever had the courage to go more than halfway.

And actually, that was kind of the case early in HW. There were a bunch of players in W1 with stats like 90-60-30-60-30, and anyone who tried 75-75-30-60-30 or 75-60-30-75-30 got slaughtered, so obviously going more even was a mistake, right? And then Monet beat everyone's pants off with straight 54s.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 2:51am

Imbalanced stat builds

I'm going to put out a question to those of you that have really imbalanced stat builds.

Here it is, for those of you that have something like 500+ in one stat and only 200+ in another, do you notice a negative effect because of this?

Unfortunately, this is not a question I can answer myself because I've always tried to keep my stats reasonably close together.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Saturday, March 27th 2010, 8:38pm

I've seen the way people have been training their pet stats, they say it supposedly results in higher plunder payouts.

There is a catch to this though.

The catch though is that someone with a pet that has something like 500 STR/150 DEX/150 STA/100 AGI/70 ACC is really going to get owned a lot in fights if they run into someone like me with a pet that has much higher AGI, DEX, and STA. So, their hits won't land very often, and they won't get critical hits very often, but when their hits do land they do a lot of damage. Also, their fights will be more random and unpredictable, so they should get a lot of fights where they either lose by a lot or do a lot of damage but still lose because someone like me does more damage to them because they can't block. I've seen this first hand in both W1 and W3.

When I started training my pet I decided to go a different route than everyone else, because almost everyone trained their strength up really high and tends to neglect their other stats quite a bit. I didn't want to do that though, and figured I'd go with a very agile pet in the hope that it would be able to dodge most of my opponent's hits but do a lot of damage at the same time, and thus far it's working very well for me both here and in W1. Whereas most people have trained their pets to STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC, with a lot of emphasis on strength, I've been training my pets to STR/AGI/DEX+STA/ACC with fairly even stats, but more emphasis on Agility, Dexterity, and Stamina than my opponents place on them.

So, they might do better on plunders, but they'll be at a disadvantage often times in fights against other players.

I found this out long before the pets came out though. Over in W1 I only have 438 STR at level 53, but regularly defeat players with well over five hundred strength. The trick is to have a character that has much higher Dexterity and Stamina, and maybe a bit more Agility than the opponent has. The high Dexterity negates their low Agility so that they can't block attacks, and their opponent's higher Agility negates their Dexterity so they can't land very many hits.

These are just a few of the things I have found out over the course of my playing here, and hopefully some of you will find this information useful.

I just hope you don't use it against me though. ;) :D

Saturday, March 27th 2010, 9:19pm

I have always used the decending method... Str highest, Dex slightly lower, Agi, and Sta around the same, and Acc lowest... it seems to work well for me, but i am actually considering starting an account in every world and having a different stat method for each, I wont go for very long, prolly lvl 5 or 6, ill give out my findings along with the accounts after im done if someone wants to expand on it

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, March 27th 2010, 10:34pm

I didn't want to do that though, and figured I'd go with a very agile pet in the hope that it would be able to dodge most of my opponent's hits
Why? Damage to pets is ignored in determining the winner of a fight, and it only costs 1/9th as much to heal as damage to you, so who cares if your pet can dodge?

I haven't bought a single AGI stat on my pet. I haven't lost any plunders, and have a winning record against all but 1 other player in W1.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Sunday, March 28th 2010, 5:55am

I didn't want to do that though, and figured I'd go with a very agile pet in the hope that it would be able to dodge most of my opponent's hits
Why? Damage to pets is ignored in determining the winner of a fight, and it only costs 1/9th as much to heal as damage to you, so who cares if your pet can dodge?

I haven't bought a single AGI stat on my pet. I haven't lost any plunders, and have a winning record against all but 1 other player in W1.
It means more wasted attacks by my opponents for one thing. Because since they are not only fighting me, but their character's are fighting my pet as well, so the more often they miss on their strikes the better off I am because it's using up their potential number of attacks in the fight.

Also, I don't like having horribly imbalanced character's, horses, or pets.

Take these for example, they're from some defense reports I received over the past few days. They prove the point I made about my pet being able to dodge and deal out a lot of damage at the same time.

Smilodon Level 51 Gnaws A Lot Level 51
Experience points 1/Experience points1
Hitpoints 646/Hitpoints 873
Weapon damage 153 / 153 HP
Defence 143 DEF

Smilodon Level 51/Gnaws A Lot Level 51
Experience points 1/Experience points 1
Hitpoints 459/Hitpoints 976
Weapon damage 153 / 153
HP Defence 143 DEF

Hitpoints 359/Hitpoints 1106
Defence 143 DEF

Hitpoints 1044/Hitpoints1602
Defence 143 DEF

Smilodon Level 52/Gnaws A Lot Level 51
Experience points 1/Experience points 0
Hitpoints 871/Hitpoints 973
Weapon damage 156 / 156 HP/Weapon damage 153 / 153 HP
Defence 146 DEF/Defense 143 DEF

In all of these cases my opponents were really strength heavy on their pets, but really lacking in basically everything else.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Redeemer" (Mar 28th 2010, 6:13am)

falcotron

Professional

Sunday, March 28th 2010, 10:27am

It means more wasted attacks by my opponents for one thing. Because since they are not only fighting me, but their character's are fighting my pet as well, so the more often they miss on their strikes the better off I am because it's using up their potential number of attacks in the fight.
No, it doesn't mean more wasted swings.

Damage to the pet doesn't affect the winner of the fight. Therefore, every attack on your pet is a wasted swing, even the hits. So, there are just as many wasted swings either way.

(I suppose if they do so much damage that it significantly affects the pet's performance in the rest of the fight, that would help them. But considering that nobody ever knocks my pet below even 95%, I don't think that's worth worrying about.)

Redeemer

Intermediate

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 6:25am

Actually, I had another reasoning for making my pet more Agility-heavy though.

I'm going under the assumption that the pets here work sort-of like the horses in HW and all of your stats are added together somehow when it comes to the fight scripts, so I could have a character oriented more towards causing damage and a pet more oriented towards avoiding damage.

falcotron

Professional

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 12:51pm

Actually, I had another reasoning for making my pet more Agility-heavy though.

I'm going under the assumption that the pets here work sort-of like the horses in HW and all of your stats are added together somehow when it comes to the fight scripts, so I could have a character oriented more towards causing damage and a pet more oriented towards avoiding damage.
They definitely don't work that way. As a quick glance at an attack or plunder reports shows, the pets get their own separate attacks, and get attacked separately too.

Anyway, having your character take damage while your pet avoids it is a bad idea. Character damage counts toward determining who wins the fight, while pet damage doesn't, and character damage costs 9x as much to heal.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Monday, April 19th 2010, 12:00pm

Okay, today I realized my third reason for going STR/AGI/DEX+STA/ACC on the pet, the Smilodon's stat balance comes out to be something pretty close to that by design.

I saw no real reason to change that by much, so I merely increased the spread of points between Strength and Agility, and again between Agility and Dexterity/Stamina. Though I have to admit I have been leaving the Accuracy a bit low up to now, and perhaps I'll have to raise it's accuracy at some point and see what that does.

I suppose it's possible that for a pet more agility could potentially make attacks more effective (sort of like in AI War), they would after all probably always be running, and then pouncing on their targets, and would need some amount of agility for the running part and the jumping part.

falcotron

Professional

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 3:52am

I suppose it's possible that for a pet more agility could potentially make attacks more effective (sort of like in AI War), they would after all probably always be running, and then pouncing on their targets, and would need some amount of agility for the running part and the jumping part.
No, that's not how the stat works in this game.

Don't be misled by the names of the stats; just assume they're random and meaningless names. What they do is explained in the game guide, and has been verified by players experimenting with them. Agility in this game means you dodge more. Period.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 5:41am

No, that's not how the stat works in this game.

Don't be misled by the names of the stats; just assume they're random and meaningless names. What they do is explained in the game guide, and has been verified by players experimenting with them. Agility in this game means you dodge more. Period.
You're really killing me here. Every damn time I come up with some idea to try and explain why I did what I did you proceed to pick it apart and find some way to make me look like a fool for ever even trying to comment. :cursing: X(

Whether that's the way it works or not, my thinking is still sound, because large cats such as that_are_agile, and need that agility and use it while hunting their prey.

falcotron

Professional

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 4:26pm

Whether that's the way it works or not, my thinking is still sound, because large cats such as that_are_agile, and need that agility and use it while hunting their prey.
Well, that's why I got a wolf, because they're... um... more dextrous than agile, and full of stamina (which somehow means they're faster instead of what you think it would mean), right? :P

Redeemer

Intermediate

Wednesday, April 21st 2010, 5:10am

Well, that's why I got a wolf, because they're... um... more dextrous than agile, and full of stamina (which somehow means they're faster instead of what you think it would mean), right? :P
Huh? :wacko: ?( :huh:

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 12:40pm

That was a joke.

The point is, I don't base my pet's stats on any kind of ideas of what they should be like in real life,* but in how they affect the game.

A high STA on your pet (despite the misleading name of the stat) means that your pet gets more of the swings. Which means your opponents and their pets get fewer. Which means both you and your pet get hit less, so you win more fights and spend less on healing. So, if that's what you're going for, it's high pet STA that'll do it, not high pet AGI.

Of course high STA means he's stealing swings from you, as well as your opponents and their pets, so unless his STR, DEX, ACC, and HP are high enough that his average damage/hit times his hit percentage is at least half as good as yours, you're also reducing the damage you do in a fight, which drags that win percentage (and your plunder payouts) back down.

So, your pet pretty much needs a good amount of every stat, except AGI, which is next to useless on a pet.

The right ratio is hard to guess, but it seems like giving them more STR and STA vs. DEX than you give yourself works very well.

* You know, that real life where you travel around with a sabretooth or a wolf beating up lava devils for amber that you can trade to make yourself stronger. :)

Redeemer

Intermediate

Wednesday, April 28th 2010, 7:09pm

Stats and the Random Factor

I'm quoting something falcotron said in another thread because I thought it was pertinent to this thread as well.

Quoted from "falcotron"

• More STR means more randomness. You're relying on a smaller number of hits doing more damage, so 1 hit more or less than usual makes a big difference.
  • More DEX means less randomness. You're relying on more hits, so 1 hit more or less makes less difference.
  • More AGI means a bit less randomness. You're relying on taking less damage, so you don't need as much damage to win. But this also means lowering plunder hauls, not just making them more consistent.
  • More STA means a lot less randomness. You're relying on getting more hits by getting more chances to hit, so not only does 1 hit more or less make less difference, you're also less likely to get fewer hits--and your opponent is less likely to get more hits than usual, too.
  • More ACC means a lot more randomness. You're relying on a small percentage of a small number of hits to do huge damage. The chance of getting a consistent number of crits in each fight is ridiculously low, so every fight will be difference.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 6:47pm

I'm trying something new now and raising my strength up higher above my other stats to try and get higher payouts on plunders.

It seems to be working thus far, hit 12k on W1 yesterday and almost 12k on W3 today twice, whereas before I was barely able to make it over 10k on my best plunders and even then it was a rarity.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Friday, June 25th 2010, 10:16am

I'm currently trying to change my balance the old fashioned way by buying stats to shift it slowly.

I'm going for a base of 450 STR/350 DEX+350 STA/300 AGI/80-100 ACC.

I have attained my goal on the strength level, but it'll take a little longer to get my dexterity and stamina up to 350.

I'm hoping that by raising my strength, stamina, and dexterity relative to my agility that I will be able to increase my plunder payouts (and maybe even do better in fights). This is assuming of course that having lower agility relative to my other stats, save for accuracy, results in more damage in fights and ergo should yield higher plunder payouts.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 6:32pm

It would appear that agility has greater importance than I had previously thought when it comes to getting high plunder payouts.

Before in W1 when I had very low agility for my level (level 66) and had base stats of 600 STR/450 DEX/400 STA/200 AGI/110 ACC (gear adjusted 748 STR/522 DEX/450 STA/250 AGI/136 ACC) the best plunder payouts I had been able to get were in the 9-10k range.

Since I began increasing my agility and changed my balance to 600 STR/450 DEX/400 STA/238 AGI/110 ACC (gear adjusted 748 STR/522 DEX/450 STA/288 AGI/136 ACC) my payouts have gone up steadily as I have trained my agility. Now I'm getting plunders of 11-12.5k daily, and even came close to hitting 13k a few times.

And I have been doing the same in W3 and have also seen increases there lately as well. In that world I was usually maxing out at 11-12k, and since I started increasing my agility there I've been getting a lot in the 13-15k range.

I'll probably keep training my agility to get it up a bit more, maybe all the way up to a 300 base stat.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Redeemer" (Dec 7th 2010, 6:35pm)

roandraak

Professional

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 7:43am

Oké, I will do that to, me (lv 50 player) has got 1 plunder of 9.1k, and a few 8k... Average (as I do valley only, which I normally do) is 4-6k...
World 2 Dutch Server, started 26-5-2011
If you see me on the French or German forum, don't mind my language. I can speak Dutch or English. But I'll try :) Within 3 years I can speak German. French, I'm quitting French (at school)