You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Redeemer

Intermediate

• "Redeemer" started this thread

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 6:31pm

Stats Balance

I thought I would create a stats balance thread because no one else had yet.

There are a few different approaches to this. I will start with the three most common.

1. STR/DEX/AGI/STA/ACC
2. STR/AGI/DEX/STA/ACC
3. The Balanced-All stats even, or very close to it.

I haven't actually seen these yet, but I figured I would consider them anyway...
1. AGI/STA/DEX/STR/ACC
2. STA/AGI/DEX/STR/ACC
3. AGI/STA/STR/DEX/ACC
4. STA/AGI/STR/DEX/ACC

As you will notice I ranked accuracy lowest in all the approaches, and that is because most people agree that it is useless as a stat.

I think that we can agree that the first three are all good approaches, and with so many players using them they would have to be good for something.

Honestly, all of these approaches have to be good for something. But what exactly are they good for?

If you have used one or more of these approaches what differences have you seen between them?
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO], W6 EN Mr Credit Card, W8 EN Noble [BS]
Tagoria: W1 EN The Redeemer, W3 EN Noble
AI Wars: W1 EN Nobility

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 9:24pm

Anywhere where agi is first or second you should be taking less overall damage, it's more centered around damage avoidance vs pure damage done [str].
Join [Fungi] Amanita Muscaria in EN-Tag W1

Redeemer

Intermediate

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 9:36pm

RE: Stats Balance

I thought I would create a stats balance thread because no one else had yet.

There are a few different approaches to this. I will start with the three most common.

1. STR/DEX/AGI/STA/ACC
2. STR/AGI/DEX/STA/ACC
3. The Balanced-All stats even, or very close to it.
I've actually tried all of these with mixed results.

I was balanced until somewhere around level twenty or so. Then, I went to method number two. Just recently I went to method number one because I bought an item that changed my stat distribution enough to throw me into a different stat method.

1. Went to this one just recently and don't have a lot of experience with it yet. I notice that I tend to cause more damage to my opponents with this stat development method, but I also take more.
2. I seemed to take less damage from this method, but I didn't dish out quite as much either.
3. Mixed results, which is not surprising considering that it is a mesh of methods one and two. I took average damage from fights and what I dealt was pretty average too.

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 2:40pm

Hmmm Accuracy can prove vital sometimes... I lost a fight last night when all my stats beat theirs handily except for the accuracy and losu by a few HP's due to them gettign in 3x Crital Hits because of their higher accuracy rating. Due to this I raised my own accuracy rating by 5 points.

Edit:- Damn ... just lost another fight due to their having better accuracy and getting in critical hits. Lost by 2 HP's... Damn ........... damn

Redeemer

Intermediate

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 6:19pm

Hmmm Accuracy can prove vital sometimes... I lost a fight last night when all my stats beat theirs handily except for the accuracy and losu by a few HP's due to them gettign in 3x Crital Hits because of their higher accuracy rating. Due to this I raised my own accuracy rating by 5 points.

Edit:- Damn ... just lost another fight due to their having better accuracy and getting in critical hits. Lost by 2 HP's... Damn ........... damn
Yes, I suppose that accuracy could potentially prove useful at times, but I advise you to be careful about not putting too much salt into it.

The Accuracy stat is very unpredictable. A few days ago I defeated someone with 20 less stat points in accuracy, and that same day I defeated someone who's accuracy was three times that of my own while scoring multiple critical hits on both of them. Occasionally I get no critical hits at all on people with considerably lower accuracy, while they land multiple critical hits on me. I think it all comes down to the Random Factor when dealing with the Accuracy stat as to whether or not it will swing in your favor or your opponent's, regardless of who has more of it.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Redeemer" (Mar 8th 2009, 11:01pm)

Redeemer

Intermediate

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 11:54pm

If anyone else cares to add any interesting things that they have discovered about any of these strategies please feel free to post them here.

William Wallace

Unregistered

Monday, March 9th 2009, 2:58am

STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC

I didn't see this one up there, but I use it a lot.

STR & DEX high because of damage caused

STA next because it affects attacking

AGI I keep low because the NPC's have lower defense, and therefore I cause them more damage and get more Ambers from winning. This kind of goes along with those that remove armor when in the mountains. I have found, however, that low AGI and removing armor is not a very pleasant experience.

There are my $0.02

Redeemer

Intermediate

Monday, March 9th 2009, 5:07am

RE: STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC

I didn't see this one up there, but I use it a lot.

STR & DEX high because of damage caused

STA next because it affects attacking

AGI I keep low because the NPC's have lower defense, and therefore I cause them more damage and get more Ambers from winning. This kind of goes along with those that remove armor when in the mountains. I have found, however, that low AGI and removing armor is not a very pleasant experience.

There are my $0.02
I had a feeling I had probably forgotten a few possible approaches.

Monday, March 9th 2009, 7:18am

Not sure how it is in other worlds but the cookie-cutter build in W3 EN is pretty much what William Wallace said: STR/DEX/STA - With a high emphasis on STR. Almost every player follows this build with a few others opting for a balanced 1:1:1:1 build.

Although this is pretty much the best build in terms of plunder rewards (highest payout), it doesn't seem to be the best for PvP where there needs to be an emphasis on DEX/AGI and STA. Accuracy might be needed too, if you're the lucky type :P

Monday, March 9th 2009, 9:55pm

As said elsewhere this is the conclusion I have personally come to with regards to accuracy. I would also like to point out that I wasted 60 diamonds trying this for a few weeks.

1) The low accuracy strategy:

Good for?
Questing and plundering

Bad for?
PvP, Horde Battles and Dimension Battles

Other notes:
While questing with a lower accuracy can give slightly better results, you will occasionally go up against a monster with double your accuracy, which will knock you down to as much as 50% of your lp.

2) The high accuracy strategy:

Good for?
Pvp, Horde Battles and Dimension Battles

Bad for?
Questing and plundering

Other notes:
High accuracy will give you an advantage in PVP, HB's and DB's as you will more than likely get the 1st critical hit, or multiple critical hits against your enemies. It unfortunately gives any monsters you face while questing or plundering higher accuracy, which means that while your potential amber haul may be higher, you will be hurt much more than normal.

Other notes?
Well, looking at how accuracy works, I've hit people with low accuracy, medium (average) and high accuracy. Depending on strength etc, I usually win about 90% against lower accuracy players, between 35 and 65% against medium (average) accuracy players and 0-35% against higher accuracy players.
Captain Caveman could beat Chuck Norris with BOTH hands tied with his beardhair!
~~~
Truth is only for those who can handle it. For everyone else lies are good enough!
~~~
Stat up, keep up, lose quest after quest. So spend a fortune on tixxes tying to become the best!
~~~

meditry

Beginner

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 6:11am

Accuracy is IMMPORTANT

Every one think accuracy does not matter but i have one SO MANY losable battles due to it cause maybe my Acc was higher by 20 like no joke this stat helps me ALOT so for those who are planning to rearrange your stats PLEASE do not make your accuracy 1 AT LEAST 30 depending on how many stats you have to work with... :)

The Nomad

Trainee

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 5:27pm

accuracy gives you the chance to end a fight quickly aswell, one massively damaging blow to a player or monster makes all the difference. Ive had a pretty good run on fights won/lost in w1, and will be taking accuracy up to 100 next. I'll let ya know the results in a few days...
yes its me, no I have nothing to say to you

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 11:51pm

Strength - opposed by defense value
Dexterity - opposed by Agility
Agility - opposed by Dexterity
Stamina - opposed by Stamina (???)
Accuracy - opposed by random number generator.

Accuracy is the only statistic wherein your opponent doesn't matter. I've taken the balanced approach, and my accuracy is in the 150 range. Still I have been critted upwards of 5 times by opponents with an accuracy between 30 and 60 while landing no critical hits myself. To be fair, in a good percentage of PVP fights I score more critical hits than my opponents, but it has (so far) had no correlation to my opponent what-so-ever that I've found. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has tried a STR/DEX/ACC/STA/AGI build...

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 2:48am

UlricX
18.03.2009 02:41all even stats test: Non efficien. I'm losing all my fight against lower lvl with unbalanced stats...
_____
He had everything at 175, accuracy is worthless and has been since they tweaked the game code when I started back in september.

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 6:53pm

How long was that test run for? I've had strings of up to 3 bad days in a row (both for plunders and xp fights) and strings of about the same amount of time where I can reliably beat people 3 levels higher than me with extremely lopsided stats.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 7:19pm

You'd have to ask him, I believe it was for around a week, but I could be wrong. He may still be doing it...he said he might give it a few more days.

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 12:41am

No I've stop it now.

I've lost all my def report against anybody. An ACU of 200 is meaningless probably. But I still think that 100ACU is good but don't go to much higher. STAM is important but only in battles. So If you are a lonely guy: STR/DEX/AGI. If you're a horde member and go often in battles: STR/DEX/AGI.

My 2 cents

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 9:46am

No I've stop it now.

I've lost all my def report against anybody. An ACU of 200 is meaningless probably. But I still think that 100ACU is good but don't go to much higher. STAM is important but only in battles. So If you are a lonely guy: STR/DEX/AGI. If you're a horde member and go often in battles: STR/DEX/AGI.

My 2 cents
Did you mean to type the same stat balance twice?

Redeemer

Intermediate

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 6:21pm

Damage maximizer: STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC

Theoretical damage avoidance: STR/DEX/AGI/STA/ACC*

*Haven't tested this theory yet...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Redeemer" (Mar 21st 2010, 9:27pm)

agaroth

Trainee

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 11:14pm

No I've stop it now.

My 2 cents
Did you mean to type the same stat balance twice?
I think he meant that he feels that an accuracy of over 100 is just overkill MMM, and i would have to say that i agree with him. 100 ACU is still high compared to the norm and then the other stats could be distributed elsewhere.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 11:22pm

Well, no, I meant that list bit

Quoted

So If you are a lonely guy: STR/DEX/AGI. If you're a horde member and go often in battles: STR/DEX/AGI.
I just have a habit of quoting the entire post. I think he meant to throw STA in there...unless he means that's just the ultimate build :P

agaroth

Trainee

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 11:50pm

Ah right i feel silly now, didn't understand that from your quote for some reason 8| For my two cents i think that my stat balance of STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACU works pretty well. I have plans for upgrading my accuracy a bit but i usually win or score high hit points against those that are higher level than me (Just leveled to 36).

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 11:57pm

Nah, just one letter difference...I think that's what got ulric as well, easy to overlook. I'm thinking I'm going to go a STR/AGI/DEX+STA/ACC route....dex and sta about the same, maybe dex slightly over sta, but STR and AGI well above the others. I'm hoping that'll be a good damage giving/damage avoidance build.

agaroth

Trainee

Friday, March 20th 2009, 12:08am

I have seen this stat layou before, but it is not very common. the only person that i know has chosen this exactly is zorthox in w1. (there may be more players out there with this balance but i only play one world). Maybe you could pm him and find out how he feels this works out.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Friday, March 20th 2009, 12:22am

I took a look, looks like he has STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC. kinda Looks like Zorth left and someone took over his account? I've seen that description on another [SiN] member's page...and he has a avatar different than any other of the ones I previously remember.

*edit
Nope, I just got people's profiles confused

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrMushroomMan" (Mar 20th 2009, 10:34pm)

agaroth

Trainee

Friday, March 20th 2009, 12:49am

He must have just changed it today, as i saw he still had it earlier with both STR and STA at about 240 mark.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Friday, March 20th 2009, 12:55am

I think I misread somewhere D:.

Friday, March 20th 2009, 11:10am

from my exp, acc means nothing in taq, either in battle or plunder, the only sure lost result i got from plunder is when i fight against mob w acc 200+, and believe me even if u have low acc like me (10) u can still meet mob w crazy acc (200+), and i dont mean 2 brag but i can defeat any1 up 2 lvl 35 now (im lvl32) in battle/pvp, ive even tried ep huntin up 2 lvl 37, still have high win chance w low acc. Points is just boost str catch up w dex and sta, then agi, acc just put lowest (10-20) :thumbsup:

edwinm

Moderator EN

Friday, March 20th 2009, 1:20pm

I am using STR/DEX/STA/AGI/ACC build myself.
Plundering / questing is fine, no complaints.
However, battle is different, high AGI also determines how long you can go, this is due to the fact that you are less hit by the opponent.

Therefore I feel myself "less effective" in battles compared to plunder :)

ACC is still vague to me, so I keep it at 50, and never raise it up again.

Friday, March 20th 2009, 6:58pm

Something I'm beginning to wonder is if a high accuracy stat will actually turn out to be detrimental to plunders - since monsters have stats comparable to yours, if you remove your armor to quest/plunder and have a high accuracy the likelihood of losing to criticals is raised as well... Just a thought

Friday, March 20th 2009, 9:40pm

yeah sorry guys my error

If you're a lonely guy: STR/DEX/AGI/STAM/ACU

If you're an horde members or a merc: STR/DEX/STAM/AGI/ACU

And ACU never over 100...

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 5:07am

However, battle is different, high AGI also determines how long you can go, this is due to the fact that you are less hit by the opponent.

That's why you have two separate builds for plundering and battles. You use a "plunder build" with low AGI when you're off in the mountains and then change to a "battle build" with high AGI just before a big battle. And it only costs 30 diamonds to reassign stat points so it shouldn't be a problem for heavy tixxers to do this each day :P

bikeman

Trainee

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 11:51am

Quoted

And it only costs 30 diamonds to reassign stat points so it shouldn't be a problem for heavy tixxers to do this each day

:D Only 30 diamonds :D Yeah, no worries mate, it's only real money :thumbsup:

edwinm

Moderator EN

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 12:04pm

Bikeman: you certainly voiced my concern, pal :P

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 3:48pm

That's why you have two separate builds for plundering and battles. You use a "plunder build" with low AGI when you're off in the mountains and then change to a "battle build" with high AGI just before a big battle. And it only costs 30 diamonds to reassign stat points so it shouldn't be a problem for heavy tixxers to do this each day :P
i really doubt any1 would do that not even for a heavy tixxer, LOL waste almost 8 euro/day :thumbdown:

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 4:19pm

Could do something similiar by keeping two sets of jewelry with diff. stat's @ ME's. One set battle, one set plunder. Higher up front cost, but no daily charge.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 8:11pm

Could do something similiar by keeping two sets of jewelry with diff. stat's @ ME's. One set battle, one set plunder. Higher up front cost, but no daily charge.
That's actually what I'm doing in W1; although, that's just because I'm trying to find out what is better, and for what.

agaroth

Trainee

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 1:33am

"That's why you have two separate builds for plundering and battles. You use a "plunder build" with low AGI when you're off in the mountains and then change to a "battle build" with high AGI just before a big battle. And it only costs 30 diamonds to reassign stat points so it shouldn't be a problem for heavy tixxers to do this each day :P"

Krage actually did this for a while on w1.I don't think he did it every day, maybe about once a week though.

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 3:10am

Sorry guys I was just being facetious about reassigning stat points on a daily basis :)

But on a more serious note I think having a balanced build would be best for both, with a higher emphasis on STR/DEX but not skimping on AGI.

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 6:04am

Sorry guys I was just being facetious about reassigning stat points on a daily basis :)

Yeah I wondered, but some people spend a crazy amt. of tics on some weird things, so I wasn't toally sure...