You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 3:47am

Removal of forum threads

I am formally requesting an explanation of the following:

1. Why did the thread entitled "Communication?" simply disappear from the Suggestions forum last week?
  2. Why did the thread entitled "Incredible administrative response." simply disappear from this forum some time in the past 24 hours?
I would be very keen to know how to offer up criticism without having it disappear without notice or explanation. Thank you.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 6:27am

I'm willing to bet this one vanishes too... :thumbdown:
Join [Fungi] Amanita Muscaria in EN-Tag W1

ADMIN

Unregistered

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 10:10am

It is sufficient to stick to the forum rules when you wish to offer critique in such a manner that your post won't be removed.

The communications thread was originally started on good intention, but then upped again by somebody and manipulated into something deliberately damaging the game. It contained an advertising link to another game disguised as an example of how to run things better, followed by some PMs taken out of their original sarcastic context to maximise damage and attention. A few players might be disappointed by what happened in the past and how it was communicated. But I won't allow guerilla marketing attempts nor ex-player campaigns to do as much damage as possible. The truth is, that our mods, senior mods, the support team and the developers share your concern about information policy and have already brought that forward.

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 5:36pm

Am I to understand that the "Incredible Administrative Response" thread also contained guerrilla marketing, ex-player campaigning, or somehow else broke the rules and was so removed? As the person who began that thread I can assure you it contained nothing of the sort.

The ex-player mentioned by name was mentioned in passing as a reference to the post for which the response by administration was both uncouth and insulting. Regardless of whether or not there was context to be considered it is incredible and altogether ridiculous to include sarcasm in a professional response to the public in any commercial industry. If there is no way to remove single offensive posts from a thread and preserve the acceptable conversations before and after, which I find impossible to believe, it would be appropriate to give some sort of notice as to what occurred since the thread was an active and popular one.

This returns to the issue that thread dealt directly with - the communication between players and developers.

I have let my premium run out and continue to play Tagoria as a non-premium member. For all that is utterly disgusting about this game, none of it is the game itself. I sincerely hope you take into consideration that a game's community is as important as its mechanics in fostering an enjoyable place to spend time and money. Some disciplinary action is far from uncalled for in the distasteful way legitimate player issues are handled by some who reside on this administrative team.

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 9:36pm

I thank you for the response. I also hope that there will be some sort of assurance that posts offered in good faith will not continue to be lost forever due to replies that violate the rules. I cannot control what others choose to write in this thread or any other, but I do make an effort to comply both with the letter and the spirit of the rules. I feel as though I have been penalized for the actions of others with respect to replies I made which can no longer be seen.

ADMIN

Unregistered

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 10:29pm

Thanks Shadow255, be assured of my respect and good will. I'm happy that you gave me the opportunity to straighten that out.