You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SkyForger

Beginner

• "SkyForger" started this thread

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 3:06am

Few questions!

Now when we are kinda close to merge and hopefully devs will pay more attention to Tag for a while can we expect there will be fixed;
-mountain fights
-DB reward system
-druid reward system
-etc
These are only few examples.Most of suggestions in forum were towarded to implement something new.

Der_Broker

Trainee

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 3:54pm

no mate... :(

nothing of waht u said will be done... this merging is not about letting u gain more items from druid or DB's... It's about to bring some more life in this dead game, and more than that, to see what other players around your lvl, in other worlds are equppied, and trying to catch them, u to spend more money in Tag 8|

but let's agree that every change is a good change, and this merging being scheduled from ages, let's see what it will bring ;)
" It's nice to be Important, but is more important to be Nice... "

Lady K

Professional

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 11:18am

Well said en, agree 100%

damadar

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 1:18pm

I agree with DB's comment and lets be honest, we all hear about how the current system is unfair by just a few as most of us just get on with it but I digress, the point of rares are that you RARELY get them or they would be called *everyotherweek* items :rolleyes: as for the DB system well you know I prefer the old way but then we had more chance of actually winning something then :P as for the mountains well I lost 5 aps today on my accounts and 2 of those were 0 - 0 which out of what you said is the only thing I would fix but thanks for listening and enjoy the rest of your week :thumbup:

SkyForger

Beginner

• "SkyForger" started this thread

Wednesday, September 26th 2012, 6:19pm

Sad there's no reply from GAS...
I really hope the devs will fix those upper mentioned things after they have finished merging Tag...and not just leave things as they are and pay attention to any other game! :(

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 11:15am

Hello,

I have been forwarding your suggestions. Keep in mind, though, that what you believe should be fixed is in itself not deemed to be broken, in the first place. I can very well tell the developers about how there are players who want a bigger chance for a rare item drop when it comes to druid or DB, but as damadar mentioned, not getting them easily is sort of the point of rare items. And the devs will certainly tell me the same.

In essence, it is a matter of perspective way more so than mending something that is truly broken.

Regards,

CApeX
"Friss mich nicht. Ich habe Frau und Kinder. Friss die!" - Homer J. Simpson; Die Simpsons

Der_Broker

Trainee

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 6:34pm

This is a copy of Tuska T's profile (lvl 102 player in W1 EN) and I hope he don't mind I took it without asking him first...

After u will take a look at it, u will see that if in 2010 there was a huge chance to receive 2 rares/month and maybe 1 glowie from DB (so a total of 3 great items/month), now, ONLY if u r premium and ONLY if u do ALL 12 plunders daily, u have a chance to receive 1 rare/3 months...wow..."great" change of raports...from 3 items/1 month, 2 yrs ago, to 1 item/3 months now...

And if the DB gives u a rune, which is considered "item", and u have to wait another 5 months (ofc, if u take part in ALL 5 DB's) to receive a glowie, that means u have to wait 6-7 months to get 2 items...not very fair :(

(List posted withpout permission by owner as stated above. - C.)

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 10:11pm

Hey Apex

I agree with you on the rares - I have no problem with that. The things I'd like to see are improvements & programmable:

1) New areas to quest in
2) More monsters
3) Dropped items that you can graft onto weapons & armour to improve them
4) Wider range of combat strategies (defence, attack, dodge)
5) New things to do with divine favour points - increase weapon damage or armour defence

Surely it would not take long to put out such a list and gauge opinion as to what is best.

Depravo the Rat

Lord of the Mystic Isles and Keeper of the Chaos Flame

25m breaststroke certicicate

damadar

Unregistered

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 11:09pm

Really then why call them rares. rare 1 (râr)adj. rar·er, rar·est 1. Infrequently occurring; uncommon (not every other week) :rolleyes:
there was a huge chance to receive 2 rares/month and maybe 1 glowie from DB
As for the part about only getting them when premium well lets be honest here m8 there a business not a charity so if it makes you spend 1 ticket a month to play premium to win a rare item every 3 months according to you well I don't see the problem and thats not because I am a Mod I was always premium since the day I started playing this game in 2008 and would always be premium and not because I can get a rare but because without being premium you would fall so far behind in level and stats that even if you got rares or glowies it wouldnt matter.

Friday, September 28th 2012, 1:15am

Damadar,

I don't think the complaint is that they are rare, it's that they were made much rarer when GAS figured out a way to sell them instead of give them away. The other complaint is that rare distribution is now entirely predictable, almost to the day. So not only has the possibility of a surprise been drastically reduced, the element of surprise has been eliminated. Both of those changes reduce the pleasure of playing the game. At least for me.

damadar

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2012, 8:08am

No m8 the way he said it is that he is not happy about going from being able to get 2 rares a month and 1 DB item to 1 rare every 3 months and no DB item or 1 every 6-7 months if your lucky.

Der_Broker

Trainee

Friday, September 28th 2012, 11:14am

duke is right !

they've made the rares becoming very rare and predictable... considering an average of 480 completed quests for 1 rare, when u get close to that number, u start to hope that next completed quest will be a rare... U even might get angry for not receiving it in that quest...
why do u think that great players (u know them better than me) have left after the 2010 patch ? because couldn't afford 4 eur/month, when they used to spend hundreds of euros/month ?

changing the MP and the druid/DB gifts, make them get bored... Wasn't it better and more surprising when u just saw the rare coming, than now, when u know that every 3 moths u get a rare ? and every 5 months a DB gift ?...Is like in football...when u know that u'll loose the mach, u play just to be here, without any involvment...

about being prem, I agree with Dam.This is not a charity, the owners of the game created it to make some money...Wanna play for good-u pay. Want just to hang around and have almost zero chances to receive something, it's everyone's decision.

But...why to make rares even rare ?? 3 months doesn't seem too much to receive an item ? u pay 12 eur(3 tixxes) for an item u already might have ... if u wanna sell it, if u r lucky, u might get 30 dias back (4 eur, right?). 8 eur, for 3 months of almost boring (these days) game...

Rares are even rare, DB items - the same, horde battles - too... Don't u get bored after a while ??

It's been passed almost 2 yrs since gas did the last patch which killed the game...I think they earned enough money during this time, to can improve a lil bit this game (not only through the so long waited merge), but to give everyone a bigger chance to receive something...or to reduce the period from 3 months to only 1...At least for a while...I'm 100% convinced that ppl would love that, and would stay longer in the game...

Does anybody knows how many completed quests or months are necessary for a non-prem to get a rare ??? I don't think so... Because none of them stayed so long here to can receive a rare...Give them a chance too...Make them happy, and for sure, part of them will become premium ;)

Actually, I think that the big tixxers will spend the same(so gas' income will be the same), but at least, we can have more active players, more battles etc... The game could come back to life...It's hard to reckon, but this game, the way it is now, is dead :(:(:(

Friday, September 28th 2012, 11:33am

What makes you believe the element of surprise has been eliminated? You still have a chance to find Rares or receive them in a DS whenever. The difference is that, after a certain time, if you don't find one, you get one, guaranteed. (Rare Item/Rune in DS, Set Item via mission). Also, as a premium player, your chances are higher. And that's about it. Neither is the guaranteed item the only item you may receive, nor has it replaced anything. It was added to what has already been there.

Also, with my mystical powers, I have the list go 'poof' "Der_Broker" postet. Not so much because it's content, but because if he did not ask another fellow to copy his stuff, I don't think it's okay to do so, anyhow. (The list will be saved, so if he grants you the okay, we can always post it again.)

Regards,

CApeX
"Friss mich nicht. Ich habe Frau und Kinder. Friss die!" - Homer J. Simpson; Die Simpsons

damadar

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2012, 12:02pm

I am bemused and that's hard to do as I think i have a grasp on reality to a certain extent m8 but as you quoted
It's been passed almost 2 yrs since gas did the last patch which killed the game.
if the said game was killed 2 years ago then why even bother complaining at all as do you really think after 2 years they would suddenly go "oh my god did we kill the game with that patch". I some how don't think so m8. The changes they do are they way it is. I have yet to see something they implemented to get reversed and I've been playing a long time.
they've made the rares becoming very rare and predictable
I agree they are predictable to a degree. I got 2 rares in the space of a couple of weeks on w6 after that patch came out so it may be there's less of a chance but I would rather the fact that I am guaranteed a rare after 480 quests or there a bouts rather then not get one for over a year which if we go back before that patch has been known to happen to me and to others as well. Now in noway I am I saying this game is perfect as it is but it isn't as bad as people make out and that being said I personally CHOOSE to play this game as it is fun and I have a right good laugh with most of the people that I know and enjoy there company. :thumbsup:

Der_Broker

Trainee

Friday, September 28th 2012, 9:03pm

Like u did, Dam, I personally chosen to keep playing this game and moreover, to pay for premium...But not that is my problem...4 eur means 1 less cigarettes pack for me, so that's not a problem.
U can't say that now, the game is better than it was before ! At least, for players :(...For gas, sure it is, as now they gather much more money than in the past...

No offense, but I think u r one of the so few players who say is better now.
What's better ??

Introducing pets ? maybe...
skipping plunders for 1 D ? that suppose u buy more tixx, for dias...
skipping waiting period after an attack, for 1 D ? same answer as above... Not to mention that u can accidentally hit the button, because a tick box wasn't added, as many of us proposed...
eliminating the possibility to contact the seller of an item in the MP ?... again more dias to spend...
gas putting items for sale in the MP in a manner to discourage u ?? like 14-15 identical items, at the same time and at a low price ??
giving divines instead of normal/prem items, like in the past ?? every player has hundreds of useless divines...what to do with them ?? use 5 of them monthly, or maybe weekly ?
considering runes as "items" or "rares"... if u get a rune/1-2 weeks u r happy, while in the past u could get 2-3/week... and here is no benefit for gas, as long as u can't buy them, so why not giving them more often ?

...and the list can continue...

damadar

Unregistered

Friday, September 28th 2012, 9:25pm

No offense, but I think u r one of the so few players who say is better now.
No m8 I never once said it was better. i said I don't mind the way it is now but I never said it was better. There are a few things I would change but after playing this game for 4 years I can tell you that things don't change back once they have been changed so there is no point in going on about it so I just continue to play the game as it is and not complain about as it gets you nowhere and only gives you headaches.

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 1:16am

What makes you believe the element of surprise has been eliminated? You still have a chance to find Rares or receive them in a DS whenever. The difference is that, after a certain time, if you don't find one, you get one, guaranteed. (Rare Item/Rune in DS, Set Item via mission). Also, as a premium player, your chances are higher. And that's about it. Neither is the guaranteed item the only item you may receive, nor has it replaced anything. It was added to what has already been there.

What makes me believe it is that my last three rares came on my 485, 483, and 482 completed quest. So I can easily calculate when my next one will come, adjusting for how many quests/day I complete. Before the appearance of a rare was unpredictable, now I can schedule it.

They also came much more frequently, and I doubt anyone will deny this. I wasn't as lucky as some, and luckier than others, but I would get probably one a month. Now its one every three months. The rescheduling of DBs also reduced the distribution of set items. With weekly DBs you had four chances a month to get something, now it's one chance. The guarantee is a benefit to "unlucky" accounts, but some people did better than one every five DBs previously. Tournaments only distribute set items to winners, which tend to be the same people every week, not random distribution.

Taken all together, the chances of getting anything have been drastically reduced. I still play, and will continue to play. But I would enjoy it more if there was more to anticipate and hope for, rather than rote task completion.

damadar

Unregistered

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 9:44am

I would get probably one a month.
Yes YOU would get one every month so that's nice for you but what about
the ones that wouldn't get one for a YEAR and yes I am talking about
myself and many others. I would rather know I will at least get one rare
every 3 months then not know if I was ever going to get one.

With weekly DBs you had four chances a month to get something, now it's one chance.
Yeah but set items meant nothing because we all had them when the other system was in place. But I agree to a point. Bring back being able to get Rare items in the DB's like the old days or did I dream that up 8o
Taken all together, the chances of getting anything have been drastically reduced.
But it makes what we do get much more valuable and for some people its made getting something guaranteed instead of waiting forever for the ole man to get off his backside and give us something :thumbsup:

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:06am

I was far from the luckiest player. several people would mention in the SB getting two in a day, or two days in a row. The fact that YOU are now guaranteed one every three months has made the game drastically worse for 99% of the players, but that's good for you so I guess that's ok.

I dont know what youre talking about when you say everyone had set items. I never have had a full set the whole time I've played, and dont believe i ever got more than two of a level. the people who'had'sets mostly bought them. And I dont remember there ever being rare items in a db but maybe I just never got one.

Saying that what we do get is more valuable isalso wrong. I cant even sell the rare items I have gotten because GAS'has flooded the markets with their own items. We used to be able to sell rares in seconds for a good price in the market, now they sit there for weeks with o bids unless you put them in for minimum.

I'm not going to stop playing, but the changes to item distribution and DB scheduling have made the games much less entertaining for me and almost evryone else who has commented on it, including those who quit without commenting. If you honestly believe that more people enjoy the game now than enjoyed it two years ago, you're entitled to that opinion,but i don't see how you can support it.

damadar

Unregistered

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 12:01pm

The fact that YOU are now guaranteed one every three months has made the game drastically worse for 99% of the players, but that's good for you so I guess that's ok.
You have got to be kidding me. I am not the ONLY one to not receive a rare for longer then 3 months and your just moaning because you dont get one every month now :rolleyes:

If you honestly believe that more people enjoy the game now than enjoyed it two years ago, you're entitled to that opinion,but i don't see how you can support it.
For the LAST time I NEVER said it was better. READ MY POSTS before making comments like that. I have been playing as long as most people so I know why they left and that is THERE choice.

As for selling items in the MP well I have sold items for there value and NOT asked ridiculous amounts for them and who is to say it is GAS flooding the market though it does look a little suspect you can always wait until they have done selling theres and then sell yours like I do. Instead of getting half the market value you get most of it. This game is far from PERFECT as I have stated on many occasions but it is also not as bad as you like to make out. :thumbsup:

Der_Broker

Trainee

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 5:46pm

hmmm...
feeling like I felt into a "Mod battle"...anyway, I just can't stay away from it :)

Guys, let's establish this : no matter what we think, if the game is better or worst now, this discussion is uselles and endless..Majority of us will consider it worst , a few of us-better, but anyway, gas won't do anything...So instead of keep posting in this thread, we better watch our own deals, because none of us will gain something..

Dam, with all respect for u, before being a Mod, u r a player. No need to sustain gas that much, when 95% of us consider that the game is worst now... Maybe is better for u, which I doubt, but that doesn't mean is better generally talking... And yes, u didn't said " Game is better now", but through what u write in this post, u r sustaining that...

About flodding the market...Wow...this is done almost daily, continuously, and for different items each time...When u see 10-15 identical items, what do u think ?? that they belong to only 1 player ??? don't think so... this is not fair...Gas never get enough...not enough from the big tixxers who spend small fortunes here, not enough from the prem players which spend too (not too much, but they DO spend), not enough from the 20% fee of your dias, not enough from not giving u anything (but some dust in the eyes)... Can't remember all of them now...

Somebody tell me what did gas good for us in the last 2 yrs ???

Don't wanna be misunderstood, don't wanna accuse somebody, but in the last 2 yrs, gas only received money from us, but gave nothing in exchange...which is not fair... Would be such a big thing to throw 2-3 dias weekly ?? With 10-15 dias/month, a low lvl player could buy something from MP, and he will feel happy and will keep playing, knowing that he can improve his gear ;). Anyway, gas will get back 20% of seller's dias, so don't think will be a loss for them...

All I want to say here, is that gas should do something to increase the number of active players, to bring Tag back to life...Throw a few more dias, rune, items (not only rares) here and there, and ppl would love that ! When u will see that the game will reward u, for sure u will try prem for at least 1 month...

I'm done in this thread, that was almost all I wanted to say, u found out my opinion... In rest... God bless the Queen :D:D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Der_Broker" (Sep 30th 2012, 5:46pm)

Monday, October 1st 2012, 11:44am

What makes me believe it is that my last three rares came on my 485, 483, and 482 completed quest. So I can easily calculate when my next one will come, adjusting for how many quests/day I complete. Before the appearance of a rare was unpredictable, now I can schedule it.

No, you can't predict when the next one will come. You are able to predict when the next one will be guaranteed after a specific amount of missions without success. There's a big difference.

The chances are the same you had before the change with the guaranteed items was introduced. Only that now, if you are not lucky enough to find an item even after a certain amount of missions, you will get one for free if you are a premium player. (If not, nothing changed, at all.) If you are lucky enough and find one before that, the timer is set back to 0, but that doesn't mean you can't find one again, three missions later. All you need for that stunt is luck. And that's no different than how it was, before.

You're basically arguing that you'd prefer the questionable excitement of having 10000+ missions without luck but the anticipation of maybe getting an item next mission over the excitement of having 400+ missions without luck and the anticipation of maybe getting one next mission and with the knowledge that you'll get one for free in some more missions on top of that. And that is your right, of course, but sort of confusing in my eyes, all things considered.

Yes YOU would get one every month so that's nice for you but what about
the ones that wouldn't get one for a YEAR

That is sort of the reason why the guaranteed item was implemented. So not only the lucky ones got items, but everyone who finishes a certain amount of missions.

Somebody tell me what did gas good for us in the last 2 yrs ???

Introducing a guaranteed item after a certain amount of missions is just an actual example.

Regards,

CApeX

Der_Broker

Trainee

Monday, October 1st 2012, 7:34pm

As I said, this fight is in vain...

Too bad u deleted that section of my message where a player counted the rares since 2009 til now... If u would have left my msg as I posted, EVERYBODY could have seen that before patch, there was a rare almost monthly !!! (maybe at 1 1/2 months)... but not at 3 months like it is now...

Quoted

If you are lucky enough and find one before that, the timer is set back to 0, but that doesn't mean you can't find one again, three missions later

Pls show me that one who got 2 rares in a row after patch 8| 8o

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Der_Broker" (Oct 1st 2012, 7:36pm)

damadar

Unregistered

Monday, October 1st 2012, 9:17pm

EVERYBODY could have seen that before patch, there was a rare almost monthly !!! (maybe at 1 1/2 months)... but not at 3 months like it is now...
Yeah i wish I keep a rare list as well so YOU could have seen that I did NOT get a rare for over a year. The new system makes it more fair to those of us that aren't sleeping with the Devs befoe that patch to get one a month eh :thumbup:

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 12:50am

No, you can't predict when the next one will come. You are able to predict when the next one will be guaranteed after a specific amount of missions without success. There's a big difference.

The chances are the same you had before the change with the guaranteed items was introduced. Only that now, if you are not lucky enough to find an item even after a certain amount of missions, you will get one for free if you are a premium player. (If not, nothing changed, at all.) If you are lucky enough and find one before that, the timer is set back to 0, but that doesn't mean you can't find one again, three missions later. All you need for that stunt is luck. And that's no different than how it was, before.

You're basically arguing that you'd prefer the questionable excitement of having 10000+ missions without luck but the anticipation of maybe getting an item next mission over the excitement of having 400+ missions without luck and the anticipation of maybe getting one next mission and with the knowledge that you'll get one for free in some more missions on top of that. And that is your right, of course, but sort of confusing in my eyes, all things considered.
You aren't seriously trying to say that nothing has changed, are you? The fact that since the "guarantee" was implemented I went from receiving one rare a month and at least one rune a week to one rare every three months and one rune every few weeks is purely a coincidence? And that since the guarantee was implemented I "coincidentally" haven't received a rare in less than the upper limit? But theoretically I could? And clearly I'm not unusual. Even Damadar hasn't claimed to be receiving rares more frequently than the guarantee.

I think the reason a lot of players have become frustrated is not just because of the changes, but because we keep being told exactly the opposite of what everyone can see with their own eyes.

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 12:44pm

I can't, for one simple reason: Players do not tend to contact support when they don't have a problem. Quite the other way around. If you would be one of said lucky ones, I highly doubt that you'd write a message to the support telling us all how "all is good", and I certainly wouldn't do so, either. And since I have better things to do than keeping up with every mission of every player worldwide (!) playing the game and the possible number of rewards they may or may not receive, I'm stuck with those messages and complains that I can actually work with. And those usually pass and don't seem "unusual", where the actual formula that deals with these rewards is concerned.

So, that brings us to the main problem we have in this discussion:

I think the reason a lot of players have become frustrated is not just because of the changes, but because we keep being told exactly the opposite of what everyone can see with their own eyes.

How do you know what everyone can see with their own eyes? You likewise can only judge those players who complain. Just like I can. Aside of that, these complains can have many reasons. I've had to deal with complains of people who felt they did not receive any sort of reward after a DB in like forever. And when I checked the data, it was apparant that they had just received a shiny set item the month before. "Forever" here meant "one month", dukeboards. There was not even another DS in that time frame. And while it's one of the more astonishing examples, I can give you my honest-to-whatever-deity-you-are praying-to-word that not once in my time here was a complain regarding the DS reward and not receiving one in the guaranteed time frame justified. Not once. And we're only covering those who complain because they honestly feel mistreaten, and we haven't even touched those who complain for the fun of it, who "just wanna check if they can get something out of support if they complain hard enough". (Yes, those are in existence, too.)

All these players are among those who you are able to see complaining. It says nothing about their complains being justified, and it says definitely nothing about "everyone".

Now, these facts aside, all I can tell you in my official function as support member is that there was no change done regarding the druid and the mission rewards since I am working here - which means for almost two years, by now -, with the obvious exception of the guaranteed item they added, recently. Yes, that says nothing about the time before that, but I was likewise told that there was no change. Yes, that might be a blatent lie in my face, for reasons I am unable to comprehend. But I'd rather not believe as much. And even if that unlikely case would be the actual truth, there is nothing we can do to change it, anyhow.

All I can judge is that premium players now get an item, guaranteed, as mission reward from the druid. And from my personal experience, I can tell you that I received two items not too far away from each other with an account sometime in summer. I did not check the actual difference of the time frame, I did not even keep that account because I started a new one in another world. And yes, I know my experiences mean jack because my forum name is blue and I am "part of the conspiracy". But be it as it may, that is all I can offer.

Regards,

CApeX

damadar

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 3:24pm

"just wanna check if they can get something out of support if they complain hard enough". (Yes, those are in existence, too.)
Man I told you I was sorry for complaining and trying really hard to get a new shiny set item from you m8 :P

I know my experiences mean jack because my forum name is blue and I am "part of the conspiracy".
Yeah well mine is green and I rock the conspiracy :thumbsup:

edwinm

Moderator EN

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 6:25pm

I am a player and a mod, so I don't really care about what my name color is.
This is not a time to joke around whether you are a mod or not.

I have to agree with dukeboards and the rest of the players who complains here.
If somehow you can check my rare or DB rewards occurrences please do so.

It's not I have not complaint i the past, I did complain this to the game support before Demon Stabber (can't recall his name)
I even had a personal argument with one of the mod via PM regarding this.

I too, wished that I keep track of the number of quest completed before receiving a rare and also my DB records.
Which I will do so starting now, I will keep track of my rares & DB rewards just to prove that there is a BIG differences between today and the old days.

I understand GAS needs to make money from the diamond sales & ticket sales, but this is not the way they should treat players.
I think all of the players just want to be treated equally, as they have paid to enjoy this game.
Do not view the players as a burden, someone who complains a lot, please view them as customers too.
Maybe the admin or the supermods can inform this to the game developers, their bosses, regarding this issue.

damadar

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 7:48pm

This is getting ridiculous. If you can't see the funny side of my post before then you are taking this way to serious and I suggest you lighten up :rolleyes: . At the end of the day no matter how much YOU complain and moan about the game there NOT going to CHANGE ANYTHING. They like the way it is now and can you see that changing at all because if you can well then you see something the rest of us can't :thumbsup: . As a final note I won't be posting anymore on this thread as it seems to be taken way out of context 8| so enjoy your gaming :thumbup:

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 10:04pm

ofcourse I can say that the game moved towards a direction that its starting to be more of a drag then an enjoyment.

The game got worse, most of the people left....the people who are in now is paying GAS bills.
The stay untill light goes out...because they put in so much...not only in money but time and effort.

I play almost 3 1/2 years...equels around 4000 hours

That 4000 hours gameplay give me the experience to tell everybody here that the game is much lesser enjoyable as it was 3-4 years ago,

It turned from a fun and exiting game with SB convo's and fights, with spirit ...where you needed skills to turn a battle in your favour, pre hitting....helping others...etc..etc

Into a monstrocity where you want to run from but cant because...you cant. Its a money pit (fall) and like a millstone around yur neck

GAS killed it X(

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 2:13am

I can't, for one simple reason: Players do not tend to contact support when they don't have a problem. Quite the other way around. If you would be one of said lucky ones, I highly doubt that you'd write a message to the support telling us all how "all is good", and I certainly wouldn't do so, either. And since I have better things to do than keeping up with every mission of every player worldwide (!) playing the game and the possible number of rewards they may or may not receive, I'm stuck with those messages and complains that I can actually work with. And those usually pass and don't seem "unusual", where the actual formula that deals with these rewards is concerned.

So, that brings us to the main problem we have in this discussion:

How do you know what everyone can see with their own eyes? You likewise can only judge those players who complain. Just like I can. Aside of that, these complains can have many reasons. I've had to deal with complains of people who felt they did not receive any sort of reward after a DB in like forever. And when I checked the data, it was apparant that they had just received a shiny set item the month before. "Forever" here meant "one month", dukeboards. There was not even another DS in that time frame. And while it's one of the more astonishing examples, I can give you my honest-to-whatever-deity-you-are praying-to-word that not once in my time here was a complain regarding the DS reward and not receiving one in the guaranteed time frame justified. Not once. And we're only covering those who complain because they honestly feel mistreaten, and we haven't even touched those who complain for the fun of it, who "just wanna check if they can get something out of support if they complain hard enough". (Yes, those are in existence, too.)

All these players are among those who you are able to see complaining. It says nothing about their complains being justified, and it says definitely nothing about "everyone".

Now, these facts aside, all I can tell you in my official function as support member is that there was no change done regarding the druid and the mission rewards since I am working here - which means for almost two years, by now -, with the obvious exception of the guaranteed item they added, recently. Yes, that says nothing about the time before that, but I was likewise told that there was no change. Yes, that might be a blatent lie in my face, for reasons I am unable to comprehend. But I'd rather not believe as much. And even if that unlikely case would be the actual truth, there is nothing we can do to change it, anyhow.

All I can judge is that premium players now get an item, guaranteed, as mission reward from the druid. And from my personal experience, I can tell you that I received two items not too far away from each other with an account sometime in summer. I did not check the actual difference of the time frame, I did not even keep that account because I started a new one in another world. And yes, I know my experiences mean jack because my forum name is blue and I am "part of the conspiracy". But be it as it may, that is all I can offer.

Regards,

CApeX

Two things.

Players obviously don't complain when things are good. However, if you pay any attention to the SB, they sure as heck brag when things go well. Most of the active players proudly announce when they get a rare, or even a rune. And the instance of these announcements is drastically reduced. I remember the instances of players bragging about frequent rares, and even players getting two in a row or two days in a row. I haven't seen anything like that in at least a year. Which brings us to the more important point.

"Perception is reality". If your players believe they have been mistreated and that rares are more rare, that belief is what matters. The only player who has spoken out in favor of the change in rare distribution is damadar, and even he says he isn't claiming the game is better. Players see that Dimension battles have been slashed from weekly to monthly. They know this means that there is now only 1/4 the chance to get a set item. They were replaced by Tournaments, which only the strongest players (ticket buyers) have a realistic chance to win. Players also see the reduction in their frequency of rare items (with the exception of damadar's unlucky account), and know that the rates have changed. You can say that nothing has changed, but that's not what players see in their own accounts and so that is their reality. Your argument that it is only the complainers who speak up is belied by damadar's comments.

Honestly, what I don't understand is why? Giving out rares doesn't cost GAS anything. I think they believe these are actual items, not images on a computer screen. If your customers are by and large unhappy, and it doesn't cost you anything to make them happier, do it.

damadar

Unregistered

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 10:19am

:thumbup:
Honestly, what I don't understand is why? Giving out rares doesn't cost GAS anything. I think they believe these are actual items, not images on a computer screen. If your customers are by and large unhappy, and it doesn't cost you anything to make them happier, do it.
I agree that the system now is flawed and was never in disagreement with that. I am happy for it to go back to the way it was as long as they keep the "get a rare eventually" system they have now. On the tournaments I believe that it should be with in your on worlds ie: Eng 1 should only be fighting people from Eng 1. Let all the tixxers fight it out amongst themselves in there own worlds or personally I would get rid of them all together and go to a 2 DB a month system and keep the masters tournament for giggles :thumbsup: