You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 24th 2011, 10:26am

The Merging of the Worlds - Your Opinion

Dear Players,

as we have just recently announced, after the creation of the new multilingual world, we will also merge the old worlds together. Since we are venturing into largely unknown territory with this, we'd like to hear your opinions on the respective options, so that we can take your wishes and requests into consideration when making the final decisions.

The choice we have now is to either merge only the worlds of a particular language, or to merge worlds across different languages. The latter is obviously advantageous in that we can make sure that the worlds are at a similar playing-level and can therefore match worlds that are more balanced.

With both options, a possible compensation for younger worlds is being discussed. We'd also like to know if you'd welcome such a compensation and if so, what form it should take.

After the merging of the worlds, we already have a new feature planned for Tagoria. The 6 regions in the Mountains will be able to be ruled by Hordes. The Horde members will therefore have an advantage, depending on how many regions are under their Horde's control.

We reckon that the Horde Battles will be a lot more fun due to the greater number of players, especially in multilingual worlds.

We're looking forward to your contributions!

Your Tagoria Support Team

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 10:44am

Further clarification on the merging of worlds

Just so everything's crystal:

Quoted

The choice we have now is to either merge only the worlds of a particular language, or to merge worlds across different languages. The latter is obviously advantageous in that we can make sure that the worlds are at a similar playing-level and can therefore match worlds that are more balanced.

- this doesn't necessarily mean that English worlds will be put with the highest level GER/FR/PL/NL worlds - the point of this is that there would be more worlds to choose from, and at a variety of playing levels. For example, world 5EN might be merged with an average level French or German world, so that players are more level pegging. This does not mean that the lowest EN world will be merged with the most advanced world of 'ze Germanz' - that would be cruel.

- merging with a foreign world of a more similar level might actually be better for some players than merging with other English worlds, for example 11EN and 5FR might be more closely matched than 11EN and 1EN, and so it should make it fairer for the less advanced players in that world.

- it is also likely that many of the English worlds will be merged together anyway, since many of them are 'weaker' than their foreign counterparts, as someone said earlier. So they should all be heaped together at the bottom of the pile where we belong!

- the only factors remaining would be things like communication, for example the language barrier, but that won't matter so much since the SBs are all in your native language anyway.

Hope that makes things clearer for y'all.

Happy hunting,
DragonEater

KaosKrusher

Professional

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 6:25pm

AGAINST ANY kind of world merging thx
non à la censure
fondateur du C.L.A.C. (Comité de Lutte Anti-Censure)

membres: Astrid, _MAXIMUS_, Dame Mysteria, Alya, alienor, poratox, Blowjack

http://www.avaaz.org/fr/save_the_interne…ter_fr/?cHINucb
~~~
marié (et heureux) avec Dame Mysteria

JimW2

Intermediate

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:20am

Not clear on what the base language would be for a merged world of say german and english would be.

Don't like the controlling regions suggestion.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 12:03pm

- it is also likely that many of the English worlds will be merged together anyway, since many of them are 'weaker' than their foreign counterparts, as someone said earlier. So they should all be heaped together at the bottom of the pile where we belong!
Now thats cruel opinion also and I disagree....W1Eng might not be that strong as W1-2 GER/FR/PL/IT/SPAIN but stil very much "stronger" then the newer Worlds W5-6-7 ENG or 1-2 NL or 4-5GER/FR/IT/SPAIN.

It would be unfair to put ALL "piled up together" so to speak
- the only factors remaining would be things like communication, for example the language barrier, but that won't matter so much since the SBs are all in your native language anyway.

I thought that is solved by having the choice of wich language you want to use in SB by clicking the preffered language button (s) Like it is also arranged in this forum

Friday, December 9th 2011, 6:47pm

still think the region control is a terrible idea, it will actually reduce activity rather than increase it.

if there is an advantage to be gained by controlling a region, all players will want that advantage. in order to get it you will have to be a member of the controlling horde. therefore, all players will want to join the most powerful hordes, otherwise they will be at a disadvantage. this will eliminate the smaller hordes, which will decrease the number of horde battles and thus game activity and interest. fewer battles also means less xp and less fun. you will eventually have two or possibly three active hordes per world.

a better idea would be to have horde quests where the entire horde travels to the mou tains together to attacks groups of monsters for rewards that go to either each member or to the horde's treasury. this would encourage all hordes to be active and participate and not decrease the number or viability of individual hordes.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 7:32pm

Merges

I am also totally AGAINST any kind of merge whatsoever. I think you will see even more players quitting the game as they cannot afford to compete against the mega rich players (that they will be merged with) and that spend literally thousands of real $ on this game.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "porto destroyer" (Dec 9th 2011, 7:35pm)

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:07pm

a better idea would be to have horde quests where the entire horde travels to the mou tains together to attacks groups of monsters for rewards that go to either each member or to the horde's treasury. this would encourage all hordes to be active and participate and not decrease the number or viability of individual hordes.
Totally agree with you Duke

if there is an advantage to be gained by controlling a region, all players will want that advantage. in order to get it you will have to be a member of the controlling horde. therefore, all players will want to join the most powerful hordes, otherwise they will be at a disadvantage. this will eliminate the smaller hordes, which will decrease the number of horde battles and thus game activity and interest. fewer battles also means less xp and less fun. you will eventually have two or possibly three active hordes per world.
And again. I have seen this happen in similar online games

still think the region control is a terrible idea, it will actually reduce activity rather than increase it.
Again agree. If GAS want to improve activity they have to develop the base game - new locations, new monsters, hidden areas, better ways to improve existing weapons etc...

Depravo the Rat

Lord of the Mystic Isles and Keeper of the Chaos Flame

25m breaststroke certicicate

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:21pm

Duke, I really like the idea of horde quests. That is awesome. Maybe only 2 per day allowed per member with a chance to earn diamonds for the horde. Merging of worlds sucks, unless EN W1 merges with EN W2, then EN W3 with EN W4 and so forth.

Friday, December 9th 2011, 9:24pm

Quoted

After the merging of the worlds, we already have a new feature planned for Tagoria. The 6 regions in the Mountains will be able to be ruled by Hordes. The Horde members will therefore have an advantage, depending on how many regions are under their Horde's control.
Definitely not a very good idea :( it's just rewarding the major hordes and mega tixxers. Can't GAS just try and come up with new ideas that would create a better gaming experience to benefit ALL players ?(

Snow Witch

Super Moderator

Friday, December 9th 2011, 10:49pm

Ive seen a merger of worlds. (Holy Wars, the new international world) The features are great.
This is what has happened so far.
Everyone is active, a new world died, and soon (maybe Tag is different) the activity of whiners will increase. There are already the same whines about tixxers, e-marriages etc. Haters are Haters. I play Tag because I like the differences. Not the similarities.

The merger of worlds, whether via multi-languages or combined worlds will happen for Tagoria. To me this whole thing is a ruse, perhaps the features will be different, because of the nature of Tagoria. So, in my very humble opinion. Prepare for it, like it or not.

I like the new international world. I just dont like things being seen as a dupe.
Not trying to be a downer. just an observation

The problem is not that there are problems.
The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.
Theodore I. Rubin

SkyForger

Beginner

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 10:36am

So...is there anything moving on with this merge thing?
We would like to have some fresh info!

edwinm

Moderator EN

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 6:12pm

Wondering about the same thing

Yes, I was just about to ask the same question.

Dragon Eater, do you have any information from the game devs regarding this merge of worlds that they announced earlier?
Pls info, thanks.

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 6:30pm

How far is Holy Worlds...this was GAS first priority and it was anounced on Facebook that they started deleting in-active accounts to make a smoother merge

JimW2

Intermediate

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 3:19am

Yeah, an update would be nice.

It has been 7 months since this thread opened.

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 11:39am

Yes, you are right, it's about time you all redceived an update :)

The merge is going to happen in Holy War in August. After that, I am assuming the same will be done for Tagoria. So that will still be quite a way off. I'll keep you informed, though.

Cheers,
DragonEater

JimW2

Intermediate

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 10:30pm

This is going to happen is it .......

jeffnz56

Beginner

Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 6:08am

seems that way although ts all a bit vague at the moment.