You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

roandraak

Professional

• "roandraak" started this thread

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 9:31am

The animals 1 at a time

It's not handy that you only can have 1 animal at a time, what if the bid will not be continued, than you don't have any animal, al the animals stats are gone, you need to buy a new one. It will cost you a lot of AS, I suggest 2 anymals to be hold, but if you don't sell them within a week, the weakest will be sold at the breeder when you log in after those 7 days
World 2 Dutch Server, started 26-5-2011
If you see me on the French or German forum, don't mind my language. I can speak Dutch or English. But I'll try :) Within 3 years I can speak German. French, I'm quitting French (at school)

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 10:29am

Over the last 3 years in HW, people have come up with a variety of different suggestions for allowing 2 horses, but your idea has something really clever that none of them (at least as far as I remember) ever came up with: The idea of limiting it to a week.

I like it.

The thing is, I'm not sure why we're not allowed to have two horses/companions/drones in the first place, so I don't know if this will answer the admins' objections to the idea. The best I can figure, it must be related to two things:
  • You can't unequip horses/companions/drones the way you can gear. Although I'm not sure why that's true, I assume there's some reason for it.
  • You can train horses/companions from your Stats screen. If you had two, which one would get trained? If you could equip and unequip them, this would be obvious, but since you can't, it's a tricky question.
But your suggestion implies an answer: the stronger one (lower level--or, if they're the same level, lower stats, and if they have identical stats, any arbitrary tie-breaker will do, like lower item ID or whatever) is always equipped, and it's the only one you can train. The other one just sits there and can't be used or trained; the only thing you can do with it is put it in the market or sell it back to the breeder.

It's also possible that the whole reason for this feature is to make it harder to sell horses/companions/drones, or to make it harder to get them above your level (although if it's the latter, it doesn't work in AIW, only in HW and TG, because drones get neither trained stats nor xp...). But if that's the case... what's the point?
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

greenarrow

Trainee

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 12:27pm

hmm i agree with this idea.

but you know how there are different and better stat distribution when going to the mountain compared to pvp.

i want to be able to have 1 pet equipped and the other in my inventory and swap them over depending on the situation i am about to go in
my quotes:

one man may die, before a thousand men die to do the same job.

lets, let the blades sing and the women.

The mind is stronger than any steal.

roandraak

Professional

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 1:53pm

i want to be able to have 1 pet equipped and the other in my inventory and swap them over depending on the situation i am about to go in

Do you do the same with your equipment

(Today I bought an pitbull, but I didn't have the time to put my level 20 beast on the market, it was a pretty expensive joke, I had to sell my level 20 beast for 6400, while I could get 16k of it, if I could safe it, to take the time to sell it)
If you see me on the French or German forum, don't mind my language. I can speak Dutch or English. But I'll try :) Within 3 years I can speak German. French, I'm quitting French (at school)

falcotron

Professional

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 12:30am

hmm i agree with this idea.

but you know how there are different and better stat distribution when going to the mountain compared to pvp.

I think that's the part GAS don't want us to have, for whatever reason.

But really, are you sure you want that? As roandraak says, you probably don't do that with your equipment. But there's even more reason not to do it with a pet. For the same price it would take to buy 350 stats apiece on two pets, you could get 500 stats on a single pet (actually, a little more, because you're also saving the price of the second pet). I'd be willing to bet that the 500-stat pet is going to be better than your 350-stat PvP-tuned pet for PvP, and better than your 350-stat mountain-tuned pet for APs. Also, your pets would only level half as fast as everyone else's this way.
(Today I bought an pitbull, but I didn't have the time to put my level 20 beast on the market, it was a pretty expensive joke, I had to sell my level 20 beast for 6400, while I could get 16k of it, if I could safe it, to take the time to sell it)
I'm confused, Couldn't you get 8000 by selling it back to the breeder? Also, do you really think you would have been able to get retail for it? (And don't forget the 10% market fee if you sell to another player.)

Another thing to keep in mind:

In HW, at level 100, my buyer for my level-70 horse flaked, which meant I lost 42K. That sounds like a lot, but when you consider that my new horse cost 300K to buy and another 2M to get its stats up to the level of my old horse (and another 1.2M since then on stats, and a lot more to come), that 42K isn't actually a huge deal. I don't know for sure that people will end up spending as much on pet stats here as they do on horse stats in HW, but if it's even in the same ballpark, the actual cost of the pet will end up trivial by comparison.

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 1:42pm

Even if you can't have more than one, which you should be able to, I think the ability to unequip the pet is needed.
Support GREEN freedom!!!

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 4:49pm

Falco, in some of the later worlds, a level 20 beast is still fairly high and to sell one that's been leveled allows you to sell it at a premium, a guy in my horde was even able to sell his bird back for better than retail because he'd leveled it twice and was on the verge of a 3rd level.

I think GAS is being short sighted about this. The real reason most of us want to have extra pets is to work as a pet dealer. I'd be happy to buy a dog for you level 25s and sell it to you for the ever so low price of 45 Diamonds. If I was allowed to buy a second pet, I'd buy an extra dog every day, put it on the market for 15 extra diamonds and wait for it to sell. Every time I sold two, I'm make GAS an extra 5.99 USD. And I'd probably be tempted to buy the level 40 premium pet when I hit it to sell it to people who passed on the dog.

I'd also be willing to buy Baboon's for 1 ticket, creating a diamond price for non-diamond weapons.

roandraak

Professional

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 5:29pm

Falco, in some of the later worlds, a level 20 beast is still fairly high and to sell one that's been leveled allows you to sell it at a premium, a guy in my horde was even able to sell his bird back for better than retail because he'd leveled it twice and was on the verge of a 3rd level.

Yes, I play in W1 Dutch, and the highest level there is 40, reached yesterday, so a pitbull is a pretty strong animal there

btw, don't mind my English, I'm still at school, and I come from Holland/The Netherlands

Sunday, February 21st 2010, 9:02pm

Its also hard when someone is selling you a pet
because soemone is selling me his, but he needs me to level up and he has been waiting about 10 days for me to get 400 exp
if he could of had 2 pets he could have bought another one and trained that while i gain a level

falcotron

Professional

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 8:47am

I think GAS is being short sighted about this. The real reason most of us want to have extra pets is to work as a pet dealer. I'd be happy to buy a dog for you level 25s and sell it to you for the ever so low price of 45 Diamonds. If I was allowed to buy a second pet, I'd buy an extra dog every day, put it on the market for 15 extra diamonds and wait for it to sell. Every time I sold two, I'm make GAS an extra 5.99 USD. And I'd probably be tempted to buy the level 40 premium pet when I hit it to sell it to people who passed on the dog.
Actually, I think that's the reason they don't want to do this.

AIW doesn't let you sell for more than retail in either credits (amber) or diamonds. Why? The only reason I can think of is that they don't want the top people profiting as gear merchants.

I'm not sure why they want to stop gear merchants. Sure, at least half of the top 5-10 people in each world are fully self-sufficient and never have to buy tix, but only because other people are buying tix to pay them, so GAS gets the same sales either way. Maybe they're just trying to reduce the gap between the top people and the second tier to make the game for fun for the people who can't make it to the top. Or maybe they're trying to make tixxing more effective at the very top to encourage us to do it. I don't know.

Anyway, whatever their reason for the 100% cap in AIW is, I'll be it's the same reason for the 100% cap with pets.