You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 2:39pm

Thank you

for hammering the final nail into the coffin that was worlds 1-5.

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 2:49pm

:thumbdown: Agreed....

Now where's the middle finger smilely for GAS???

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 5:28pm

well good news is w5 is just a failure
and as everyone hates GAS already no one should or will join w6, so w6 will just die instantly and GAS will stop killing us
simple

iceman

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 10:31pm

they wouldn't open another world is they didn't see a grow in paying customers and therefore profit.

quite frankly i'm getting sick and tired about the complaints at the adress of GAS. they aren't looking to be your hero's or gods. they are foremost a buisness. and their job is to keep the game going and making it apealing to new players.
do i agree with some of their choices? no. absolutely not. but do i go complain about it to everyone? nope. why not? cause i understand what's it like to have a buisness. first priority is profit. change and growth are part of a succesfull operation. and that is what GAS is doing. changing and growing. both in worlds and games aswell as in players. they wouldn't open another world if they weren't.

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 5:32pm

I dissagree, I have been to world 6 (just to look) and there are about 5 people playing. and I am not saying "GAS just want's money" what I am saying is that they dont care what happens and just do what they do and old worlds linger.

Hench my nail in the coffin comment.

greenarrow

Trainee

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 7:17pm

im sorry to say trackur but your wrong. simple as that

6 people playing lol, that does not even count as an overexageration that counts as a delusion my friend.

stop complaining and get over the fact that GAS is a buisness and they are looking for profit

its called a product life cycle, and an extension strategy
my quotes:

one man may die, before a thousand men die to do the same job.

lets, let the blades sing and the women.

The mind is stronger than any steal.

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 8:10pm

well you 2 people who are telling us not to moan are just thick
if we dont complain nothing happens, if we complain nothing happens
but if we complain i feel happier and at leats people know i dont like it

you two im guessing are new, because if you had played long enough you'd know how bad what GAS are doing to older worlds
and if you are experienced then sorry :)

iceman

Unregistered

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 10:06pm

i'm not new. not at all. i've been with W1 since the beginning.

i want to make a difference between complaining and suggestions. there is a place for suggestions in order to change things. you can't miss it; it's in big letters on the front page of the forum.
if you want to complain, do it in pm's to the people who agree.
let's make an analogy here. let's say GAS is like Coca Cola (in basic they are the same: two buisness to make profit). Coca Cola gets millions of complaints every year. they don't do anything about it. mostly write a polite letter back. why don't they change their entire line of products? because it has worked for them for over 60 years. okay, i'll give you that. GAS isn't that old. but their formula (just like Coca Cola) works. they make profit so continue their product-line. resonable behavior and the key to any good buisness.

my advice to the haters: learn to live with it or get out.

greenarrow

Trainee

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 10:16pm

im with iceman

i have been with GAS hmm ever since HW world 3, been in all tag worlds and i have been in AI world 2

so yer been around for a while.

i know that when a new world comes out the old one goes extenct.

hmm lets ask why shall we? maybe its because people like the thrill of a new challenge ... hmm maybe something like that. i know i do.

however i can not speak for everyone, but think about this for a second okay if people didn´t like new worlds and they all thought like you then the world would not die out. Your selfish to ask them to not open a new world because obviously most of the community want to play in one.

just some friendly food for thought :thumbsup:
my quotes:

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 10:25pm

kk, soz :D
and i played hw w3 too... but left hw ages ago :D

anyway, yeah i hate new worlds... im okay with them opening them.. but something needs to re-liven those old worlds

greenarrow

Trainee

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 12:15am

the jumping lvl cap

i know this idea i sprobably giong to be hated by a lot of people

but im thinking of a lvl cap

therefore if you think about it if we make the lvl cap low like lvl 30 is the cap everyone will race there

then when the computer thinks there is enough people at the lvl cap an anouncement goes out and the lvl cap gets raised to 40

this will make horde battles better
and booty more important however tixxers will become amazing and you will have to tixx to stay up

i am placing this idea in the suggestion board
my quotes:

falcotron

Professional

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 4:02am

let's make an analogy here. let's say GAS is like Coca Cola (in basic they are the same: two buisness to make profit). Coca Cola gets millions of complaints every year. they don't do anything about it. mostly write a polite letter back. why don't they change their entire line of products? because it has worked for them for over 60 years. okay, i'll give you that. GAS isn't that old. but their formula (just like Coca Cola) works. they make profit so continue their product-line. resonable behavior and the key to any good buisness.
Actually, your analogy's even better than you think.

In 1985, Coca Cola _did_ listen to the complaints from people who didn't like their formula. They did extensive studies, they created a new formula that was exactly what the public and the experts agreed they should be selling ("sweeter, rounder, more harmonious"), they replaced their old formula... and then, 77 days and millions of dollars later, they admitted that it was a mistake and re-released Coke Classic, which immediately began outselling New Coke by a huge margin.
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

falcotron

Professional

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 4:17am

however i can not speak for everyone, but think about this for a second okay if people didn´t like new worlds and they all thought like you then the world would not die out. Your selfish to ask them to not open a new world because obviously most of the community want to play in one.
This is a great point. If everyone were against the idea of a new world, rather than just a small vocal minority, it would be W6 that died instead of W5.

Think about it this way: Before W6 opened, one group of people were unhappy because W5 was dying and GAS wasn't doing everything possible to save it, and another group were unhappy because they were bored and wanted a new challenge, and another group were unhappy because they came to W5 late and had thought it was unfair that they could never catch up. After W6 opened, the first group was just as unhappy as before, while the other two groups went from unhappy to happy.

However, I think people are wrong that the new worlds kill the old ones. GAS adds new worlds because the old worlds are already dying. Look at the petition thread--people were already complaining that W5 was dead, long before W6 opened. And if W5 was dying, GAS's profit stream was drying up. And the way they solve that is by opening W6. It's an effect, not a cause.

I really don't think this is a great solution to the problem. But, short of radical ideas (like levels caps or cyclical reset) that lose the whole persistent-world aspect that keeps (some) people here for years, nobody's come up with a better solution.* Not GAS, not their competitors, and not the angry players demanding a solution in the forums for TG, HW, AIW, and all of the competing games.

This is one of those great unsolved problems in game design, and whoever solves it has the chance to be a millionaire famous game designer. If you could come up with a game that's like TG, except that it somehow avoids the problem of worlds dying over time, while still retaining the persistent-world aspect, it could be successful beyond GAS's wildest dreams for their games.

* Actually, Kingdom of Loathing arguably has a solution to this. The game itself is mostly pointless, but they keep adding new quests, special items that the players have to figure out how to take advantage of and that usually provide a unique permanent benefit, etc. and that's why people keep playing there. I'm not sure why everyone who tries to copy their solution fails. Another one of those unsolved problems in game design that could make you a millionaire if you solved it?
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 6:24am

W5, we ain't dead yet!

Saturday, February 20th 2010, 12:43am

well w5 wasnt the most successful new world ever created
and from what people say w6 aint good either