You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Demon Stabber

Intermediate

• "Demon Stabber" started this thread

Monday, February 1st 2010, 12:09pm

Companions

The time has finally come: Companions are here!

How can I buy a companion?:

You can buy a companion in two ways:

1. In the Village at the Beast Breeder: Here you can buy a companion whose level is equal to or below your own character's level. You will be able to see the companions available whose level is at most 5 levels higher than your own (the market range for purchasing a companion - see the following), but you will not be able to buy companions whose level is higher than yours. This allows you to plan for future investments, whether buying at the beast breeder or on the market.

2. On the Market: Here you can buy a companion being sold by another player. At the market you can buy a companion whose level is upto 5 levels higher than your own character's (so, for example, if you are a level 25, you can buy a level 30 companion, but not a level 40). However, if you buy a companion whose level is higher than your own, there is no stat reduction based on level difference - your companion will fight with its full skill power.

When I sell my companion, what happens to the trained property values?

The trained property values which you have bought are lost and the skills return to their standard values (those which the companion has at the time of purchase from the beast breeder). However, any free skill points gained when your companion levels up (gained through experience) will be retained.

What if my companion levels up while on the market?

If you put your companion on the market, and while there, before being bought, it levels up, then the skill points gained will be added to the companion's properties (equally distributed) while on the market. The market offer is automatically updated, and the equally distributed new skills stay with the companion when sold.

How much can I sell my companion for?

The number of amber stones you can charge on the market, or the amount the breeder will offer, increases with the level of your companion. So when your companion levels up, its value in amber stones increases as well.

Are the skill points on the 2nd level up also automatically distributed equally?

Nope. These points you're free to distribute as you see fit.

Do NPC opponents have companions too?

No, the non-player characters you encounter on quests do not have companions.

Can I heal my companion while on a quest?

No. You may heal yourself while on a quest, because you take your healing potions with you. Companions, on the other hand, you can consider like pets, which to be healed need to be taken to the vet, which you cannot do while on a quest.