You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Angel_of_Death" started this thread

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 2:46pm

Why I have gone off Tagoria

I am an experienced Holy War player, and at first I liked Tagoria also. It has some improvements I would love to see in HW such as a live highscore board and a better SB.

However there is one major reason why I am sick of the game already.

Its the quest gift system.

I think it is not "random". I feel there is something there that looks at things like what equipment you have, your stats etc etc etc. I've tixxed my account, I admit it. But because of this I feel that the game doesn't really want me to progress like non tixxers etc.

I have completed 130 quests now. This is what I've had.

10 divine points = 120 quests left

1 diamond = 119 quests left

1 leather bangle (after I just bought 2) = 118 quests left

12 herbs of healing 106

14 roots of rejuvenation = 92 quests left

92 bulbs of convelensance = the rest of my quests.

I would have thought that after all this I would have at least had 1 rare item. There are level 1, 2 and 3 players who already have a rune stone or more.

Please can someone give me a better explaination than "its random". That just sounds like your dodging the question and don't want to answer it.

Yes, just because I tixxed I still have the right to complain, non tixxers and tixxer haters can just leave me alone kk? I know your viewpoints.

I want an honest answer here from someone who works in with Game Art Studios etc.
Captain Caveman could beat Chuck Norris with BOTH hands tied with his beardhair!
~~~
Truth is only for those who can handle it. For everyone else lies are good enough!
~~~
Stat up, keep up, lose quest after quest. So spend a fortune on tixxes tying to become the best!
~~~

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 8:07pm

If you really think that the gift system is biased against tixxers, why did green arrow get the first, and still best as far as I know, rare item in this world?

Meanwhile, I don't think people understand what the word "random" means.

Random means that some people will get lucky, and some will get unlucky.

Here's what lucky looks like: In a bit under 3 weeks in German W1, I received a rare weapon, a rare ring, a premium ring, a premium helmet, and a non-premium weapon, all above my level, as well as 6 runestones.

Here's what unlucky looks like: In the same period in English W1--where I actually completed more quests and did fewer dumb things--I received no items, and 1 runestone.

Is this because I tixxed more in the English world and was being held back? No, in the English world, I spent 6 tix for 3 months' premium, 1 month of the Feast, and 2 premium items*; in the German world, I spent 7 tix for 3 months' premium, 1 month of the Feast, 2 premium items, and 3 master enchantments on that rare 4-levels-early ring the druid gave me.

I don't think there's any reason at all. I think I was just lucky in one world, unlucky in the other.

Since going on vacation, I've gotten 1 under-level non-premium item in the German world, and two premium items (unfortunately, the exact same one twice) in the English world. And 1 runestone in each.

* Actually, I bought 4 premium items over that time, but I also sold 2 of them, getting at least 30 diamonds back each time, so it only cost 2 tix for those 4 items.
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

• "Angel_of_Death" started this thread

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 9:51am

Can't it go through cycles? why should I be PERMENANTLY unlucky? thats what I find unfair.
Captain Caveman could beat Chuck Norris with BOTH hands tied with his beardhair!
~~~
Truth is only for those who can handle it. For everyone else lies are good enough!
~~~
Stat up, keep up, lose quest after quest. So spend a fortune on tixxes tying to become the best!
~~~

falcotron

Professional

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 8:22pm

I doubt you're really permanently unlucky. It doesn't really go through cycles, but there will be long runs of good luck and bad luck, and runs of average luck, and runs of good and bad luck alternating so haphazardly that you don't know what to think.

Go back and read the rest of my message--the English druid is no longer hating on me. I think he's accepted my vacation now; it just takes longer for cats and druids than for dogs.

LaidBeatle

Intermediate

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 6:27pm

AoD, ive completed 143 quests to date, and have not received a single rare item either...you are not the only one, so dont let it get to you. i understand how frustrating it is watching everyone get a hardened war mace, or battle helm, or whatever, but that doesnt mean the game is less enjoyable (at least to me).

Rashid

SuperMod EN

Friday, August 8th 2008, 12:45am

And I have only had 1 rare equipment item, which was a Miner's Pick ( L8 ) that I received at L15 (doh!)

I class myself as average in luck thus far: I am doing okay for runes, but poor for equipment (especially when I look at those who have received 3 or more rare items). I hope that it will average out, and if I am the first to receive a L30 rare item then I will be entirely happy ;)
"I do not think that word means what you think it means..."

falcotron

Professional

Friday, August 8th 2008, 3:08am

A Miner's Pick is just a diamond weapon, not a rare weapon.

By the way, in the German world, I got two more items. Unfortunately, they were the level 5 armor and the level 16 bracelet. That's at level 23. After all those rare items between level 11 and 20, I haven't been quite as lucky.

And in the English world, I got my third level-13 helmet, which sold quickly. The second one mostly went to master-enchanting the first one; the third... well, I'm up to 53 diamonds, and I still haven't sold my Miner's Pick. I shouldn't need to tix for gear for a long time at this rate.

LaidBeatle

Intermediate

Saturday, August 9th 2008, 6:04am

AoD, i found someone from your own horde to sell me a hardened war mace today, perhaps you can buy your way into the rare items market as well. (still havent gotten anything from the druid).

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 10:26am

I think its all about how lucky you are. Up til today I have only gotten 2 runes and the rest were mainly bulbs, about 20 divine favors :*(, and a few higher lvl healing items. But today was my lucky day. I got a 1000+ gold hit and a few hours later got my first rare item :D(lvl 17 helm) . My first lucky day, I hope it continues :D.

werelox

Trainee

Tuesday, August 26th 2008, 10:18am

I received a ring of hope from the druid :thumbsup: was so happy (+3 strength +4 agility) i think with 3 slots for enchantments