You are not logged in.

Monday, November 24th 2008, 3:28am

suggestions on sf levels

im not critsizing but i have a character on world 1 and 2 ..today my character on world 1 which is a 9 was hit by a level 33 ..i was shocked as i didnt know this could be done..on world 2 im either 20 or 21 and dont hit more then 5 levels below ..theres a couple who pmd me saying i should suggest that a level min be set for higher levels to give the lower levels a chance to grow..not trying to make waves..sorry to all i offend

werelox

Trainee

Monday, November 24th 2008, 10:41am

To be honest there is not much difference between someone +5 level on you or a lvl 33. Either way the maximum damage they can do to you in a 1v1 fight is 50% of your LP. Im not sure how much HP you have at lvl 9 but if a lvl 33 hits you they can only do 50% damage and if person say lvl 14 attacks you they are most likely going to win if they are 100% LP.

Monday, November 24th 2008, 4:15pm

Would agree with werelox on this one ......the damage cap keeps it from getting out of hand. I know if I hit say a lvl 7 .... I can't do more than a couple hundred damage to them..... its over quickly ...but the result is no different than with a player much closer to their level.

:D
Myr and the Indomitable Pirate Penguins

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 12:12am

That would defeat the purpose of a SF, it's MEANT to be a one sided fight. I know when I was xp fighting in HW I would heal up to 500LP and hit the 11s to get my plunders out of the way, why? because I don't want to heal up to 6K lps and then lose 200-400LPs per xp hit. I'd rather take one 500LP hit, then let my house heal me up to 25LP and go from there. Even at 500LPs, I can beat most 11s [lowest level you can attack at my level] with just my fists; taking no damage. Also, as others stated the maximum you can lose is 50% of your health. A 5 level difference would still mean you lose most of your health; the only difference is that you MAY do some damage to them too.
Join [Fungi] Amanita Muscaria in EN-Tag W1

Batasunni

Intermediate

Monday, December 29th 2008, 7:05pm

you can avoid being a cow

I usually write in the spanish forum, and there are a lot of messages about this question. The thing is that HL only attack low lvl players if they have amber. If you're a lvl 7-10 you must use the amber the faster you earn it, in order to avoid accumulate it. The best option- in my opinion- are the herbs, cheap and easy to sell. After 2 days without getting amber the HL players will stop atacking you, because that atacks don´t improve their stadistics.

In the other hand, you get experience in each atack, in my case I passed lvl 7 very fast because I added a lot of experience being atacked. Another good advice is to get lvl 7 with good stats and equipments for a better defence.

bye! and don't be a cow!

:thumbsup:

EUKOGUDARI, GUERRERO ÑOÑOSTIARRA! LEONES A 2ª!

PARA LOS Q QUERAIS PROBAR EL JUEGO TIERRAS DE LEYENDA, RECOMENDABLE

Friday, January 9th 2009, 5:35pm

It's really stupid

I know the rules say once you hit lvl 7 that you can be attacked by anyone...but seriously where is the sport in that to have someone with a major advantage attacking someone that barely has health.. I can't get my health above 25% to do squat now because they keep on attacking even if I don't have any ambers. What is the point if you can't have fun in the game because you are just sitting around waiting to get health back. You should be rewarded with greater spoils for attacking similar levels and reduced spoils for lower levels. Having a set percentage against any level would always reward a much higher level attacking a much lower level assuming they are holding the same amount of ambers. In an economy that just creates a greater gap between the have and the have nots. So a diminishing middle class. If that is the point of the game, then so be it. It's a free game....but the strategy and logic suck imo relative to duels.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Friday, January 9th 2009, 8:41pm

RE: It's really stupid

I know the rules say once you hit lvl 7 that you can be attacked by anyone...but seriously where is the sport in that to have someone with a major advantage attacking someone that barely has health.. I can't get my health above 25% to do squat now because they keep on attacking even if I don't have any ambers. What is the point if you can't have fun in the game because you are just sitting around waiting to get health back. You should be rewarded with greater spoils for attacking similar levels and reduced spoils for lower levels. Having a set percentage against any level would always reward a much higher level attacking a much lower level assuming they are holding the same amount of ambers. In an economy that just creates a greater gap between the have and the have nots. So a diminishing middle class. If that is the point of the game, then so be it. It's a free game....but the strategy and logic suck imo relative to duels.
Then join a new world, that is the EXACT reason they make them after all :rolleyes:

Friday, January 9th 2009, 10:38pm

RE: It's really stupid

Having a set percentage against any level would always reward a much higher level attacking a much lower level assuming they are holding the same amount of ambers.
Therein lies the key... Why do you assume that a higher level player can attack you holding large numbers of amber stones? The only way that is possible is if you keep large numbers of amber stones in your inventory without having a safety fight. You can always find someone lower level than you (if you really have done what it takes to amass a good amount of amber) to attack and defeat - unless you haven't been using some of your amber stones to buy training points and gear to make yourself stronger...

And if you're done playing for the day, you can always buy things with excess amber stones, even if it's full-priced healing items at the Alchemist. Healing items are especially good to buy because they can be sold in the market the next time you log in to play (with safety fights, of course ;)). Change your strategy to adapt to the reality and it's truly amazing what you can do! 8o

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 3:57pm

Maybe so...

When you log on every morning to be at 17% health and look at your
battle log and all you see is Lvl 20+ kicking your butt for 4 Ambers
....that's what is retarded. I have no ambers to med up. So I sit in my
damn cave to make sure I get enough health replenished. Then you see
the same freaking numbnuts attacking you over and over.
Seriously....tell me where the fun is in that. I don't mind seeing a
Lvl 11 thrown in there but Lvl 33 come on.....I'm a freaking 7. And I
can't stay online all night and do safety fights. How about we send
some grown adults into the elementary school and take the little kids
lunch money? That's what this is akin to. All I am saying is that if
you have 40 ambers on you and you are level 7 the same max percentages
are applied against the same 40 ambers on a level 25 player. You get a
max of 4 regardless...so why would you ever fight a level 25 if you are
a similar level. You stand to lose your own health for no added reward.
That is what is ridiculous to me. There is no incentive to fight among
equally classed characters. Like I said ....it's a free game....I'll
start taking screenshots to show a pattern every morning and post it on
photobucket. It will be hilarious to see how you can start your
mornings.

-QQ

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Saturday, January 10th 2009, 9:17pm

RE: Maybe so...

.....I'm a freaking 7
Chances are high that people coming out of the level 6 barrier are noobs and like to carry a lot of AS on them, get out of the danger zone of 7-13. Attacks start to drop off around there, at level 7 I'd expect at least 2-4 attacks every day.

And I know for a FACT you can get to level 13 in about 4-6 days, less if you're a premium player.

P.S. I know exactly what I'm talking about since I was on rotation by an entire horde for a good week after I hit level 7 since I attracted the interest of a particular child with too much free time and anger issues.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrMushroomMan" (Jan 11th 2009, 3:22am)

Sunday, January 11th 2009, 1:37am

RE: Maybe so...

When you log on every morning to be at 17% health and look at your
battle log and all you see is Lvl 20+ kicking your butt for 4 Ambers
....that's what is retarded. I have no ambers to med up. So I sit in my
damn cave to make sure I get enough health replenished.
If you're logging in to low health with no amber to heal up to full, that is your first mistake. You should not be logging out of the game without sufficient healing supplies to heal up to full. Also, make use of the farm when you log out, that way you can at least afford to buy a root or bulb (at your level with a full farm shift) to jumpstart your healing that should get you to a place where you can perform a safety fight against a lv 4 with weak stats/gear. That will keep you safe for an hour while you let your cave heal you some more and then repeat SF, or heal up to full and do some questng. Stop knocking the game. If you don't like it, don't play. If you do like it, then play within the game rules and do your SF, milk lower level cows and generate some income to build up your stats and gear. This is a PVP game and lv 7 is the rite of passage. If you are a premium player you will have access to the SB and newbs/noobs start playing each day and ask questions in the SB. Read the game guide, read helpful profiles and get tips and advice on how to succeed in this game. It's certainly not a game for everyone. EXPECT TO BE DEAD when you log on, whether you give up amber or not. Prepare for this each and every day.

Monday, January 12th 2009, 1:13am

You are missing the point. I play by the rules and use SFs when online. I have no problem with me attacking a lvl 4 or a lvl 11 attacking me. Those are within reason. Having people almost 20 lvls higher is the point. ....and then to have them attack you multiple times taking you to low health. I only have 2.5 hours a day to play this game....so I am casual at best. I spend my ambers on med supplies but I cannot make enough to replenish supplies and play the full 2.5 hours if I spend more than an hour in a cave attempting to get enough health back. I can get back to about 50% before I have to end my day. If I had a ton of time to play the game then I can see how everything you described is possible. I have seen no other game that has your character basically dead when you start.....and even if I was premium....do you really think my guard would have stopped the slaughter? LOL. I understand that some people take the apologist stance to things and I am not knocking that. I just think the game mechanics should be looked at to allow some lower players the ability to maximize their game experience without players substantially higher level players taking the opportunity away from them. I recognize it's pvp and I like that aspect. Even if I were lvl 30 myself, I would not be attacking players soo low. They obviously put some thought into it or they wouldn't have capped the low level to be 7. Why not allow them to attack lvl 1 players? I will be it is for the exact reasons I said.... =)

Caliban

Beginner

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 4:27pm

The only way you should continue to get blasted is if you have ambers when you log off and are marked as a cow or you ticked someone off. Unless you think you are coming up in EVERYONE's sf search which, in itself, sounds silly. While the game does repeat names in a sf search, the game's search doesnt revolve around one person.

Are you farming when you log off? If so, make sure you have plenty of healing before going offline.

If you are not making more at the farm than it costs to heal when you log back in, then you should up your cave level and stay off the farm so you get the increased healing rate. Dont worry about cave defense right now, it wont have an effect on level 20s. Get your interior cave level as high as you can within reason to your amber hauling. Remember, stats are VERY important but you are losing amber daily in healing and you need to plug the hole to save the ship. ;)

If you are getting hit by the same person over and over, you have not been giving up amber and your not an xp hit (i.e. level 20s as in your example) then politely msg them in game and explain that you are not a cow and would consider it a favor if they would not hit you on a regular basis. Continued attacks after that can be reported to support as harrassment.

jsadirect

Beginner

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 9:49am

higher level players experienced being battered at level 7. i've experienced that, waking up everyday with my character at 1% health. now at level 28 going to level 29, i still wake up with 1% health even though they don't get any AS or XP from me. that's the game mechanics, when i'm online, i do hit lower level players either for SF or AS (won't deplete much LP especially if i'm on a quest or plunder). it's a game man, and rules are rules, either you play by them or quit.