You are not logged in.

• "Evil Mistress" started this thread

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 2:06am

Market Place Auctions

The market place needs to change.

There were 6 weapons in market place, 400d, 410d, 410d, 444d, 444d and someone then lists another for sale at 500d, and NONE sold or even bid on.
Do players not check what is in market place before listing? Or are they happy relisting time after time hoping to get some fool to pay top dollar?

I'd like to suggest that GAS implement a listing fee of 10% of listing price, payable each time the seller lists the item for sale. That will ensure the people listing do so at realistic prices and Gas still make there percentage of the sale.

I know this will be controversial for players trying to squeeze extra diamonds from players, but this is the fairer way to run an auction based market place, hence will make the buyers happier.

Besides, it's still an auction, so once someone bids doesn't mean other players can't bid which would push the prices up, making the market dictate the price items sell for which is fairer for all.

Der_Broker

Trainee

Monday, October 14th 2013, 8:38am

that's how a market works usually... more ppl sale same things, everyone with his own price. u r free to choose what's the best for u ;).that's why is called "market".

in this case (Tag MP), sometimes, players are willing to pay a higher price for an item auction that ends earlier, than to wait a few more hours to get a cheaper item...and especially when the price difference is just a few dias...

so I don't see any reason to have a fee for putting an item to auction... just think at non-premium players, which have to pay 50% fee of sale price 8| .If the market is full with identhical items, or the price can't go higher than 10 dias, what would happen if a non-prem puts his 10 dias item for sale 5 times ?? As u suggested 10% listing fee, that means he will loose 5 dias...and with another 5 dias market fee, result a total of 10 dias fee for a 10 dias item price ?( ?(

Do u think that this kind of player wants to "have fun" by only selling items and gain nothing ? 8| ...really don't think so...

" I know this will be controversial for players trying to squeeze extra diamonds from players, but this is the fairer way to run an auction based market place, hence will make the buyers happier."

If there will be a listing fee, ppl will increase the prices to cover the fee...Do u think that a higher price will make "buyers happier" ???
" It's nice to be Important, but is more important to be Nice... "

• "Evil Mistress" started this thread

Monday, October 14th 2013, 3:32pm

Der Broker, you have missed the whole point.

When we had a market system in place years ago, you could list the item for what ever price you wanted, be it 10d's or 200d's. not a problem. You could negotiate prices with someone, ie horde mate etc. and they could buy that item at that price then and there. This is known as a fixed price market system.

Now the market has changed to a market AUCTION system. Auction by all definitions is people bid to buy, every time someone bids the price goes up in pre determined increments. This allows the market to determine the sale price.

What's happening is players are listing for top dollar to secure a bid at that price, which is not how Auctions are designed to run. Hence every 8 hours the same items are listed at the same high prices over and over again.

My suggestion was to place a listing fee on the item (at say 10% of listed price) instead of a commission payment on the sale price (which is the current system). You're still paying Gas for the sale of the item, but my suggestion would allow lower fees for seller (ie listing price, not end sale price)

But this would also encourage people to list at realistic prices, and allow the Auctioned based market system to run properly, like an auction should.

My other suggestion was for Gas to charge this fee each time an item is listed. That would encourage players to list the price at a reasonable price first time, rather then continually listing the same item over and over and over again at high prices, because they would pay a fee each time.

After DB battle yesterday, 2 L130 swords were listed for 724 diamonds? There were already 5 in the market for between 300 and 550 diamonds. It's crazy and ruins the market process. If they had to pay 72 diamonds to list the item, which didn't receive any bids , then pay 10% next time they list the item, they would list at a reasonable price in future to reduce there fees.

I've just watched a L130 Armour listed for just 10 diamonds, get a heap of bids and sell for 240 diamonds. Wow, the auction process worked like an auction and the market dictated the final sale price, just like in real life.

Der_Broker

Trainee

Monday, October 14th 2013, 9:32pm

EM, I didn't missed the point at all...I was here while u were gone, and I went through the whole MP change...Believe me, nobody was happy with the new MP. Old one was nicer, and offered u the chance to negotiate with the seller...Great old times ;( .

Ie : I have no dias, gained a glowie (which I already have), and want to put it on MP...how will work your system in this case ? How I'll pay the listing fee ?? Or I'm forced to not sell the item...

Dunno why u r so against high prices ?? Because u can't afford them ? or because, in your opinion, the price is too high ? If there are players willing to pay high prices, what upsets u ?? I saw a rare bracelet sold with only 27 dias, and same bracelet, with 137 dias...So ??

Ppl want to get as much dias as they can for an item...sometimes, they put the item at base price (10 dias) just for the pleasure to see the price growing, but the items end to be sold with at least 90% same price it would have been put from beginning...And believe me, not so many players in Tag are spending so much time in MP lke I do :P .

Talking about prices...Have u seen that every item on MP has an "buy it now" button ?? Have u seen how big are those prices ?? Can u imagine that I know a couple of players who bought the item for that price, just to be sure that they will have it ?? I'm sure u don't...

Also, do you know that gas is putting items for sale too ?? Have u ever seen 15-20 identical items, huge prices, with only a few seconds difference between them ?? I'm sure u don't...

Have u asked yourself if those items u r talking about are belonging to a player, or to gas ??

Anyway, my advice is to chew a lil the new Tag, look around, observe, and only after u got lot of info, u can conclude something...

Also, pls no hard feeligs on me, I'm just a realistic player, trying to give u a hand on your comeback :rolleyes: :)
" It's nice to be Important, but is more important to be Nice... "