You are not logged in.

Monday, July 29th 2013, 2:13pm

Survey about new battle declaration ruleset

Which change do you prefer?

A total of 19 Votes have been submitted.

32%

Option 1 - Premiumstatus (6)

47%

Option 2 - Formula (9)

21%

Option 3 - Minimum level (4)

Dear players,

in the last weeks more and more attempts to abuse the new gameplay mechanics on merged worlds and harass other players with newly created “fake hordes” are made. This is done by creating hordes with newly created low-level characters, declaring night or blocking battles and then deleting the hordes again after the battle.

We created the merged worlds to increase the fun in Tagoria and to move the community a bit closer together, but not to create loopholes for harassment and griefplay. It goes without saying that we will take action. There are three possible solutions that we would like to discuss with you:

Option 1:

You need to have premium status to declare a battle. Starting premium is sufficient, the account actually has to turn in a ticket for premium. This option assumes that people are not willing to pay to harass other players.

Option 2:

This is formula based approach that takes the strength of the hordes into account.

In the first step the average levels of the hordes are compared. If the attacker has a higher average level the battle can be declared.

If not, than the attacker needs to have at least half as much members as the attacked horde and the average level of the attacker must be at least 20% of the attacked horde.

Option 3:

To declare a battle your horde needs at least 5 members of level 30 or higher and must have been created at least 48 hours ago. On new worlds this rule will be deactivated until the player levels are high enough that an enforcement of the rule makes sense.

Until 5.8.2013 you can discuss the options and cast your vote in the survey. We will then evaluate the results and implement the change that got the most positive feedback.

We look forward to your contributions!

Your Support Team

Damadar

Trainee

Monday, July 29th 2013, 7:43pm

This is my choice.
Option 2:

This is formula based approach that takes the strength of the hordes into account.

In the first step the average levels of the hordes are compared. If the attacker has a higher average level the battle can be declared.

If not, than the attacker needs to have at least half as much members as the attacked horde and the average level of the attacker must be at least 20% of the attacked horde.
Some people just don't want to spend tickets on a game that is free to play. I think it is more likely to stop people playing which isn't something we want. Also as Captains can declare battles as well then the Warlord would only need to promote a paying player as acting Captain to attack or harass other players. You can always up the ratio or lower it on Option 2 as the game progresses :thumbsup:

Tugamax

Beginner

Monday, July 29th 2013, 11:47pm

i think the 3 options are easy to turn around.that is not the way to solve the problem.i was having the same problem with my horde always blocked,and i solve it easily.have safety fight(SF) on the horde.
what you could do is to increase the SF time on the horde to 4-5 days.that reduce the of times we are blocked.
introducing limitations in battles don´t look right to me.any day we can attack a lower lever player.i will not vote in any option

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 6:24pm

To be honest I think option 3 is by far the most sensible.

Option 1, as stated, has the draw back of turning off the non-paying players and hence reducing community activity.
Option 2 also has the potential for quieting down worlds where the battle count is already dwindling. Take IN1, we only get a few battles every few days and if you can't just keep it fresh by declaring on bigger hordes and allowing everyone to volunteer these worlds will die quite quickly.

Option 3 on the other hand allows for the prevention of newly formed hordes just declaring on people for a laugh and would require 5 willing followers to execute these pointless attacks. It seems unlikely to me that you'd get 5 people to help out just to be an irritant to others, all of which would have had to be seriously dedicated to get to level 30 just to make these attacks possible.

If anything we need more battles rather than less. I can't understand why a horde would be upset to be attacked by a lesser one, it's either going to be a complete massacre or there will be significant volunteers to cause it to be worthy of the declaration. You never can tell who is going to volunteer for whom but at the same time that is what makes the battles interesting.

Just my 2c.

WhtKnight

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WhtKnight" (Jul 30th 2013, 6:24pm)

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 1:26am

Also, I'd suggest there be a feature added, to keep the community active, of having hordes who haven't declared a battle in over a week being automatically allocated a fight versus another inactive horde.

It would allow people who are still playing to get into some more battles and prevent the worlds from going stale and becoming boring through inactivity.

Active hordes would still get to choose their own battles as normal, so no-one would be put out or disadvantaged. It would just stoke the fires of the worlds again and get things happening.

Again my 2c.

WhtKnight

Damadar

Trainee

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 9:33am

I have to disagree m8. Option 2 will do away with dead horde attacking or make it a lot harder. Most people don't join those battles anyway as who wants to spend healies or Elixirs on 5xp. Better off just doing some pvp.

Option 3 will get leveled out in what 2 months so unless they plan on increasing it as the levels get higher. We already have to have 5 players to attack so it is just adding a level component and the newly created horde needs to be live for 48hrs but if they are just creating characters and then deleting them what will they care if they have to wait 48hrs.

Option 2 is the fairest out of the 3 and also will severely limit dead horde attacks which if you ask most players would be a good thing. I have been playing for a very long time and I have yet to attack a dead horde with no lvl 12 HH unless it was by accident.
Also, I'd suggest there be a feature added, to keep the community active, of having hordes who haven't declared a battle in over a week being automatically allocated a fight versus another inactive horde.
Better off just deleting dead hordes that haven't declared a battle in say over 3 or 6 months. :thumbsup:

Snow Witch

Super Moderator

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:25pm

Yes, I'd have to agree.

I will not fight for dead hordes, unless they have a HH that can do something worth while. :thumbsup: I know I've always been a proponent for fighting, but jeeze, these dead hordes attacking or others doing safe fights, well. it's just ridiculous :thumbdown:

The problem is not that there are problems.
The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.
Theodore I. Rubin

edwinm

Moderator EN

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:46pm

Not too sure how the option 2 (formula) would be implemented.
But I am in for it, since it involves several factors as considerations. Tweaks might be needed though.

Option 3 might also be sensible, since level 30 cap is quite substantial.
Whether level 30 can be achieved easily or not, depends on how diligent the player plays his fake character.
Not to mention you need 5 to form a horde and thus make the attack.
you ought to be soo determined to create a character up to lvl 30 just to harass others.

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 10:25am

What we really need to do....

First, we need to get rid of dead hordes and dead players. Anyone that has been inactive for more than 180 days receives 4 emails stating that they need to log on to remain active or be deleted. One email per week for one month then delete. Any horde that has less than five active players cannot participate in a battle (declare or be declared on). To remain an active horde, a horde must declare atleast one battle every 30 days or they will be inactive and their warlord and captain will be emailed once to declare or their horde will be disbanded, however the player rules will go in effect at 180 days as stated previously. This all starts immediately with emails being sent out tomorrow... or whenever this is all decided on.

This is just my thoughts. It is definitely not perfect, but I think it is a much better start for the players of the game. Might be more work for GAS, but hey, you owe some of us.

Damadar

Trainee

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 2:51pm

I get your point but as much as I hate it I have to say that there is need for inactive players as those coming up from behind need something to hit or it will be just a bunch of 80+ players 8o running around smacking each other which will be fun but ultimately boring 8|
First, we need to get rid of dead hordes and dead players. Anyone that has been inactive for more than 180 days receives 4 emails stating that they need to log on to remain active or be deleted.
Clearing out one man hordes or inactive hordes is the way to go but I really doubt that anything will be done with them :thumbdown: