You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 10:08am

Information regarding the Survey

Dear Players,

we've been following the most recent discussion in the forum very closely. Today we'd like to answer a few of your questions and provide you with a bit more information.

Regarding the first option: In a multilingual game world, every language will have its own Shoutbox. For example, you can configure the Shoutbox to be displayed in your desired language.

Regarding the second option: The idea of merging a few worlds doesn't necessarily mean that several worlds are consolidated into one. The worlds, as well as the game accounts and Hordes that belong to them, will remain as they are. So that player accounts from different worlds with the same name can be told apart, every account and Horde name respectively will receive a suffix. The player account „Alfa“ from 1EN will therefore be called „Alfa-1EN“. Players and Hordes from merged worlds will then be able to play with the following features across all worlds:
  • Communication (In-game mail, Shoutbox)
  • Elixir & Rune Market
  • Auction
  • Attack (you can attack players in other worlds)
  • Horde Battles (you can attack Hordes in other worlds)
  • Mercenary Register
  • Arena Fight
  • Tournaments (Honour, Beast & Champion)
  • Dimension Battle
With the idea of merging worlds, we of course realise that players from the younger game worlds will be at a disadvantage, because their worlds were opened later and so in comparison to older worlds have had less total playing time. A possible solution for this would be to give a compensatory bonus to the players from younger worlds. You can share your ideas of what this compensation should be with us in the forum.
We hope this explanation answers your questions. We are grateful for your lively participation in the discussion and hope for more feedback from you, since it's your opinions we're after!

Your Tagoria Team

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 11:45am

The merging of worlds sounds good after last message of GAS. 8o

The only thing I dont like is the idea of a "compensation factor" for all the players of younger worlds

(ENGW1 compared to German /Spain/France World 1-2-3-4 and Poland W1) These are the worlds with players having level 89 and higher.

A new factor (beside the already famous RL factor or so called Suprize Factor :wacko: ) that makes it possible for lower levels to win from higher levels.

I think this will give so much arguing and stress .....eg. when suddenly you are attacking a 10-15 level lower player (from other / younger world) and you lose fight over and over again because of such a compensating factor.

Better solution would still be as what I suggested earlier....MERGE the worlds with comparable levels

EXAMPLE

Spain1-2/Germany1-2/FRance 1-2 PL1

Spain3/Germany3/FRance3/PL2

Eng W1-W2 together with FR4-GER4-ES4-PL3....etc

ENGW3-W4 with FR5-GER5-6-ES5-PL4...etc

ENGW5-W6-W7 FR6-GER7-ES6-....etc.

Levels then are not so far apart. Horde strenghts are comparable. No compensation factors to invent !! No stress and arguing

And while your busy ...just get rid of that suprize factor as well :thumbsup: ......and start having Dimensionbattles also with comparable levels so every body would have a change on a Hero aWARD ...because now only the players level 100up have the exclusive right to get Glowie (and the occasional Tixxer for XP award ofcs)

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 8:12pm

This makes sense. Mixing comparable worlds.

As for dimension battles - go back to the single world dimension battles. The hero awards for the current system is a complete joke and only affects a handful of players. The Masters Tournament in its current format is far superior to the dimension battle.

But why do you want to do this. I'd prefer that programming resource was spent on improving the game rather than merging worlds with only trivial benefits to the players.

I have laboured this point elsewhere and I'd like an answer - why not improve the game rather than tinker with it?

Depravo the Rat

Lord of the Mystic Isles and Keeper of the Chaos Flame

25m breaststroke certicicate

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 9:14pm

They are trying to reduce the number of servers needed by reducing worlds to save money. Most likely because people are leaving due to the changes they have made. Tinkering is cheaper and saves money in the short term. Improving the game would be an investment of new funds into a dying game and would not save them any money.
The way I look at it, sometimes you just have to poke the bear! :thumbsup:

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 5:34pm

dont understand the new message

Result of the Survey

Dear Players,

having reviewed the many posts in the forum and some intensive internal discussions, we would like to inform you that we have decided to implement both options.

We'll create the multilingual world first, since it's technically easier to do. At the same time, we will take care of some of the technical requirements for the merging of the worlds.

We're convinced that the merging of worlds will result in a significant increase in the number of players and thus the activity and enjoyment of players. As we speak, we're still weighing up the pros and cons of the various game-change options.

Thank you for your feedback and in the meantime we'll keep you updated with any developments!

Your Tagoria Team

So where can we find all those reactions, that make GAS decide to go for a new multilingual world ??

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 10:02pm

I think they always planned on the new world. Lots of cash generated when people build new characters.

Okara Stonefield

Professional

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 6:24am

I guess you would have to read all the comments in all the worlds, AoA. :D
Official Cookie Maker to the Tagorian nation

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 9:38am

So where can we find all those reactions, that make GAS decide to go for a new multilingual world ??

Don't worry, the contributions offered in this thread were not the only feedback we received.

There have been reactions in all languages, in the tools and per email. I even received feedback via PM.

CApeX
"Friss mich nicht. Ich habe Frau und Kinder. Friss die!" - Homer J. Simpson; Die Simpsons

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 1:19pm

not so worried about the new multilangual world.....cos I will not be part of that. Was just wondering how GAS makes decisions.

Since i did not see a pro reaction of somebody solely preferring the new multilangual world here on ENG forum, I have to conclude that on other language servers people do choose for that option. Also points out how different we all are then ! (concerning preferences, character, behaviour)

Maybe already a reason not to go for such a multi cultural enviroment after all.

Where I am concerned about is the way of implementation of the "Merging of The Worlds".

I really would be happy if it was possible to get some inside info and answers from GAS ;

- so it stays the same and the merging means only that the game is extended with interaction with other worlds?

- please say NO to another "compensation factor"

- is it in line of expectation that similar worlds (levels) will have the interaction so there is no domination by GER-ESP-FR-PL like that is the case with Dimension Battle

When Its possible to have clearification on these items or at least GAS opinion / statements about all of the reactions and suggestions they got, it would be also possible to decide if its worthwile to stay or to part and spend cash on other things.

:D

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 4:33pm

The informations above are already covering what you were asking, I believe.

CApeX
"Friss mich nicht. Ich habe Frau und Kinder. Friss die!" - Homer J. Simpson; Die Simpsons

Thursday, November 17th 2011, 4:21pm

OKAY...that is really great news Captain A

nice to know that The worlds will be merged whilst considering the player levels. So we dont need a compensating factor and players of same levels will play each in seperate (merged) worlds then!

Now I am assured that I dont have to compete with the level 100 and higher of the existing GER/FR/Esp/PL 1-2-3 worlds.

And I can continue to spend a lot of money again to improve my Characteres

thx for your swift reply :thumbsup:

Thursday, November 24th 2011, 3:13pm

The Merging of the Worlds - Your Opinion

To get a good understanding on Todays message;

The choice we have now is to either merge only the worlds of a particular language, or to merge worlds across different languages.

If we can choose which language we prefer in SB (as already explained earlier) I would say go for multi language worlds

The latter is obviously advantageous in that we can make sure that the worlds are at a similar playing-level and can therefore match worlds that are more balanced.
If that means that the highest player levels are matching in a particular world....I would say YES.... But its not only about the highest levels. Also about the time a world is excisting. What I mean is that for example a level 40 player from world 1GER (started 2008?) possibly is much stronger then a level 40 player from W6ENG (2010). I say possibly ...I cant check this but 2 year more farmpay would result in much higher stats.

It would therefore be best to look at 2 things; worlds started more or less at same time and and the highest level of the worlds that would be merged.

With both options, a possible compensation for younger worlds is being discussed. We'd also like to know if you'd welcome such a compensation and if so, what form it should take.

Sorry ...bad idea I think !! Its already bad enough to have t deal with the existing "suprize factor"
Also not necessary if worlds are combined with more or less the same "age"

After the merging of the worlds, we already have a new feature planned for Tagoria. The 6 regions in the Mountains will be able to be ruled by Hordes. The Horde members will therefore have an advantage, depending on how many regions are under their Horde's control.

Can you please elaborate on those advantages ?? And does it mean that BIG hordes will dominated the Mountain regions and you are therefore been forced to join BIGGER hordes ...just to have part in those advantages ??

Last...iam not negative or want to do difficult ...just like to give my oppinion and gladly receive answers and comments

AoA :thumbsup:

Friday, November 25th 2011, 1:54pm

I have similar responses to AoA:

1. I agree with multi-language worlds as long as the shoutbox works well enough and you can select which language to use.

2. I'd be interested to see what formula you will use to match worlds. Personally I suggest you base the calculation on the active players and exclude inactive players.

3. I can't see why you should need compensation if you merge worls of similar ability. Two low level worlds merging seems fine to me. In any event, active players soon overtake inactive players and level up the whole world.

4. In my experience, offering advantages to one horde over another usually leads to one or two mega-powerful Hordes that have all the advantages. Thus diversity is lost. Personally I suggest that Hordes can quest as a Horde to the different mountain regions and gain advantages for their players. Say 1 quest per 2 days. Allow bigger hordes more rewards, but make it exponential. Thus a 100 member horde only gets 20% more rewards than a 10 member horde.

5. Finally - can we have more regions and more monsters please. Also how about some different quests from the druid. Some that offer greater risk, but greater reward. Like taking real hits for example from tougher monsters for the greater chance of a rare reward. You might lose 60% of your health but have a 10% chance of getting a rare. You therefore might only fight such a battle once per day as you'd need so much healing (and you might sell more elixirs !)

DtR

Depravo the Rat

JimW2

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 1:14am

Agreed, I would prefer more regions than the whole hordes controlling areas thing ... I see that open to so much abuse.

edwinm

Moderator EN

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 7:08am

After the merging of the worlds, we already have a new feature planned for Tagoria. The 6 regions in the Mountains will be able to be ruled by Hordes. The Horde members will therefore have an advantage, depending on how many regions are under their Horde's control.

What if you are hordeless??
I have a hordeless account in W4...

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 10:21am

What if you are hordeless??
I have a hordeless account in W4...

In that case, you will not be able to benefit from the feature.

CApeX

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 8:47pm

As far as the horde thing goes. Not a fan. I think there are some real concerns to consider here.

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 3:56am

I'm not in favor of either the compensation factor or the horde control idea.

The compensation factor invalidates all the time and effort players have put in to advance and improve. A player that has been around for less time, spent less money and put less effort into the game will get a free boost. And a new player that decided to join an older world won't get the same boost that the first player to join a younger world would get. There's no way to fairly give a free advantage to certain players, and no reason to. Simply combine worlds that have been around for relatively similar lengths of time. If that means combining Polish world 1 and English world 4 (purely hypothetical) that's fine.

The horde control of the mountains will concentrate power in the hands of one or two hordes. The others will wither and die, and horde v horde battles will dwindle. No one will want to be in a horde that doesn't control a mountain region.

Okara

Moderator EN

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 12:42am

Absolutely do not like Horde-controlled regions!

Just another way to play the diamonds game and a reason to not bother playing any more. Power will be consolidated and players would pretty-well be forced into a few hordes where they may be pressured into contributing diamonds they can ill-afford. A much less enjoyable game, IMO.

As to compensation - I see no reason for this if merging worlds that are a similar in age and levels.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Okara" (Dec 7th 2011, 12:43am)

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 10:05am

The horde control of the mountains will concentrate power in the hands of one or two hordes. The others will wither and die, and horde v horde battles will dwindle. No one will want to be in a horde that doesn't control a mountain region.

The thread isn't exactly about the Horde control, which was merely a teaser for things to come. However, not controlling a region will in effect be the same thing as not controlling one, right now. The one controlling it will receive a benefit, later on, that's all. That's just a clarification I thought might be appropriate.

Now please back to topic.

CApeX

KaosKrusher

Professional

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 11:53am

Regarding the first option: In a multilingual game world, every language will have its own Shoutbox. For example, you can configure the Shoutbox to be displayed in your desired language.
good idea

The player account „Alfa“ from 1EN will therefore be called „Alfa-1EN“.
I don't want to be called Alfa-1EN if my name is Alfa ... it's enough that it is now the way in tournament and DS ... :thumbdown:

With the idea of merging worlds, we of course realise that players from the younger game worlds will be at a disadvantage, because their worlds were opened later and so in comparison to older worlds have had less total playing time. A possible solution for this would be to give a compensatory bonus to the players from younger worlds.

nonsense ... younger world doesn't mean lower level ...
for a while the top level player was in a world 2 (not 1) and even older worlds have low levels ...

I mean sure there are more high level on a world 1 than on a world 6 but nevertheless some world 6 player are still higher level than some world 1 players ...

IMO a bonus to younger world would cause older world to die even more ...
non à la censure
fondateur du C.L.A.C. (Comité de Lutte Anti-Censure)

membres: Astrid, _MAXIMUS_, Dame Mysteria, Alya, alienor, poratox, Blowjack

http://www.avaaz.org/fr/save_the_interne…ter_fr/?cHINucb
~~~
marié (et heureux) avec Dame Mysteria

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KaosKrusher" (Dec 7th 2011, 11:54am)

JimW2

Intermediate

Friday, December 9th 2011, 5:18am

Nope still not keen on the controlling regions thing ...

But adapt or die I guess .

Friday, December 9th 2011, 10:51am

I can copy some quotes of people who responded in this thread....but hey its all in here read it ..use it :D .

Again;

1) combining worlds whilst using the level and "age"of the worlds as the key factor to determine which worlds are put together, is the best option to effectivily merge worlds / servers.
2) in that case NO compensating factor is needed.
3) Domination will be the result of the "Horde Mountain rulership Idea".

##Then some more reponding on the arguments and ideas so fay in this thread.
nonsense ... younger world doesn't mean lower level ...
for a while the top level player was in a world 2 (not 1) and even older worlds have low levels ...

I mean sure there are more high level on a world 1 than on a world 6 but nevertheless some world 6 player are still higher level than some world 1 players ...
Not true in all cases!!

1) Its not only about the level its about the time somebody is already playing and thus have opportunity to gather ambers by farming / looting. Example; A level 40 from world ENG1 with no dias gear, non prem vs a level 50 from world ENG6 full set gear and prem, will lose PVP fight usually. But its because that charachtere of W6 is using a lot of money. Now when the same W6 char meet a certain level 39 W1GER with full storm gear (yes that was possible for a year ago) he will lose every PVP fight. I also see some non prem W1GER chars with almost 1300 stats. As far as I could find out the average of non prem level 40 chars is around 1100.....so 15% difference in favour of the "Old Worlds" (estimation).

Then about the remark that some players W6 are stronger then W1 ....yes naturally....same goes for ALL other worlds. But seriously merging W1 and W6 ??? Highest level W6 = 69 whilst in W1 = 91. In fact I took both worlds Top 100 ranking and the average of W6 = level48 vs level77 for W1. World 6 has 25 premium players in Top 100 vs World 1 has 38 premium in Top100. Not a good idea to merge both these worlds!

Keep in mind ....same thing goes for W1Eng when comparing it to W1 of GER / ITA / FR / SPAIN /PL ;)

2) I hope everybody is joining to fight another compansating factor for a certain group of players. I have already trouble with the factor already existing that make us lose from players who have 20-30% lesser stats and lesser gear. I SINCERLY HOPE that Gamedevelopment not only forget such an idea but also start to get rid of ANY strange and unexplainable factor out of the game. And dont tell me I have to compare with RL......This is a frigging GAME....NOT reality !!!

3) Mountain Domination.....so whats the point?? Another feature to get dias out of us ?? Please forget it.because already in W5 (and maybe other worlds also) "SuperHordes" with the highest level players are beeing formed so they have the BIGGEST and STRONGEST ..after the merge !!
Result for now is that argument, discussion and friction is going on in SB and peeps dont see any point of continuing the Game.

So the News of such a thing alone, (without clearafication ).....results in dying of your worlds ...faster :thumbdown:

Friday, December 9th 2011, 8:02pm

In summary then:

1) By all means merge similar worlds - but tell us how you are going to do it first.

2) No compensation - everyone is violently opposed to compensation

3) No to Horde's controlling regions. Find some other way to make Hordes more fun (e.g. Horde Quests, Horde battles only using active players in the last 49 hours etc.)

What we'd really like is some improvement in the base game. starting a thread on that theme would be far more productive.

Depravo the Rat

Friday, December 9th 2011, 9:31pm

In summary then:

1) By all means merge similar worlds - but tell us how you are going to do it first.

I agree I like the idea of merging world of different languages that have similar levels.

2) No compensation - everyone is violently opposed to compensation Yep another one here who doesn't like the idea of compensation either. There will always be someone who complains they didn't get enough.

3) No to Horde's controlling regions. Find some other way to make Hordes more fun (e.g. Horde Quests, Horde battles only using active players in the last 49 hours etc.) I am not an especial fan of this either. BUT the mountains nedd a serious shake up. I mean come on in the 3 years I have played you haven't added ONE new quest that I can remember, though I seem to remember that mountain areas opened up one at a time or something. So if you want to tinker with the mountains, then I agree with the poster above who suggested new mountain areas, new quests and maybe some super quests where you got hurt more but had a bigger chance of getting a rare because of it.
I would also say that as far as I can see this thing where by the druid keeps a tally of your quests so eventually you do get a rare etc, isn't working! I play in a couple of worlds and the characters haven't got anything decent.

What we'd really like is some improvement in the base game. starting a thread on that theme would be far more productive.
I do not accept the changes and request that the changes are adjusted to
the wishes of the gamers. If not, I will stop playing this game by the
15th of December.

Use your heads GAS. We are not happy, no matter how much you claim otherwise. The positive support for this update is one lie that will not come true no matter how much you say it over and over.

Monday, December 12th 2011, 7:49pm

agrees, only rare I got was w1.

w2/6/7 I got nothing so its definitely not working.