You are not logged in.

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 9:36pm

AoC recruiting!!

AoC has long been one of the most active hordes in w1. We avg 65% battle participation for our allies. With all the recent changes many hordes have crumbled and others have faded away but AoC made it through relatively unscathed. Our members enjoy being a part of AoC and playing Tag every day.

We accept anyone who is high enough in level to join a horde and willing to log in daily. We have a lot to offer our members from tips and strategies to sitting for each other when RL gets in the way. Once you join you will see the many reasons why our members thoroughly enjoy being part of AoC.

If you want to be part of a friendly, competitive, and highly active horde look no further.

Send in an application or message UMfan and myself.

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 1:41am

Quoted

(I) Account sharing, meaning the use of a user account by many users is not permitted. Every user agrees to use only one user account per game world, multiple accounts (Multies) are not permitted.
I was under the impression that "sitting" is illegal on this game because of the above rule. Would a mod/admin/someone-in-charge please clarify this?

Mavia

Unregistered

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 9:19am

Sitting is tolterted, as long as only one person is accessing the account, then sitting is fine. The account should not be sat for more than a month, and there should be no activity between the sitter's own account and the account they are sitting.

HeffHog

Unregistered

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 5:46pm

should be no activity between the sitter's own account and the account they are sitting
If a person "sits" another person's account, and there should be "no" activity between the accounts, such as what? Then that basically means, to me, that the account being "sat" is performing no actions at all if there is to be no activity between them. If the account being sat is logged in to be sat as far as a safety fight, then doesn't that count towards activity? Not necessarily between the accounts, but ... little confused here.

I understand that a person may want to advance their character when away for a period of time. Such as plunders, quests, etc ... But if the person sitting the account can't, by rights, in the game rules do this .... then how is this defined specifically. The only way, in reality, that person would be found out, is if someone had proof, somehow, or was ratted out. No? ?(

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 3:43am

I would very much appreciate where this can be referenced in the rules. As far as I can tell, the rules explicitly disallow any two individual people to log in to the same character account for any reason as seen here

http://www.tagoria.de/index/rules/

Quoted

§13 - Every player may have one account only per game world. Multi/Farm/Double accounts are forbidden and can lead to the deletion of all accounts involved.

§14 - The player agrees to store his username and password safely and to protect it from access by others. If the player neglects this duty deliberately or negligently, he shall be responsible for all actions arising from the use of his access data by others.
http://www.tagoria.de/index/agb

Quoted

(I) Account sharing, meaning the use of a user account by many users is not permitted. Every user agrees to use only one user account per game world, multiple accounts (Multies) are not permitted.
I am unable to find anything in the documentation that supports the idea that sitting is either okay or supported. Where might I find the rules documentation that Mavia has dictated?

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 7:27am

Ok have no idea really but just going to put in my two sense here it sounds like what mavia means by accounts interacting is that they shouldnt be attacking each other for as or ep and they shouldnt be selling or tradeing to one another when a single player is playing both accounds. I think sfs and plunders/quest would be ok because I dont see much of a point otherwise, oh and entering the account in battles.
In the name of the Goddess, For Avalon!

Wednesday, October 8th 2008, 11:25pm

I emailed support about sitting before I sat for one of our members. This is the guideline we follow when sittting.

1. Contact support to make sure they are ok with it
2. Log in as the other person. Do their quests/plunders. Do SFs as needed. Do NOT attack anyone else from your horde, especially your own profile.
3. Get the person to camp or work until the next time you login as them.
4. Once I log back into my account I NEVER hit the person I am sitting for.

Support realizes we go on vacations and need sitters. What they don't want is for the person doing the sitting to turn the other person into a cow while they are gone.

I think it's pretty simple to use common sense and a sense of ethics to know what is right and what is wrong in this case. Just treat the sitter account the same way you would treat your own.

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 5:22am

This needs to be documented. I will email support myself. Thank you for the information you were given.