You are not logged in.

Terrify

Beginner

• "Terrify" started this thread

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 6:38am

The End of ELEM

As written by Lost Oddness:

A sad moment has come, it is time we all look forward to what we want from this game. It has come to a point where ELEM no longer feels a horde where we all pull together and work as a unit to a common goal.

Terri and I have tried to find ways to bring life into the horde, asking members to assist with this but it seems that we have not been able to compete with other interests and AI in order to hold interest and a drive to move forward.

I have questioned Terri before if it was the right time to close down ELEM, but each time she has fought harder to keep ELEM alive and try to make it grow, this time we are both out of ideas and ways to push the horde forward.

I thank you for standing by me and Terri when we went through our dark times and tried to move forward with us. Before it was not the right time for us all to move on, now is the time for us all to again find our place here in Tagoria and define who we are within the game again.

I hope along with Terri you can find yourself another home where you can find all that you hoped ELEM would provide. Though ELEM is gone it leaves with a good name in the world and went down fighting for what we believed in, not trying to hold onto past glories long lost. Take some of that spirit with you and try to continue to live up to it.

~ Lost & Terri :(
World 3 - Terrify
World 4 - Titania - Member of Zorth

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 4:06pm

Wow I can't believe you'd through away a lvl 12 HH!!! You should have left 1 dead member as WL...

not my money, but geez.... ?(

Makedon

Trainee

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 5:01pm

Im not sure you do right thing, every horde in some moments have problems but to dispand must be very hard deciosion and for sure not good one Terri.

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 8:06pm

Im furious at the descision, in my eyes ELEM was by far the best horde ive ever seen, no lie at all.
gonna be hard for any other horde to replace it

Terrify

Beginner

• "Terrify" started this thread

Monday, November 30th 2009, 2:16am

Lost and I debated long and hard over what to do. Believe me when I say it was not an easy decision to make. We debated on just turning it over to an inactive member and leaving it at that but what benefit would be gained by that for those who remained in ELEM ? The horde would have become like every other horde that is dead on w3, used for xp battles and nothing more. What ELEM represented would have therefore become nothing, meaningless... we decided it was better to go out on a high note and be remembered for what ELEM stood for than to see it die a slow and painful death and become the target of every horde that remains simply because of the level 12 hut ensuring free healing for xp battles. We didn't want to see the image of ELEM and all that it stood for destroyed by a bunch of greedy people who would take advantage of a dead horde because of a maxed healing hut.
World 3 - Terrify
World 4 - Titania - Member of Zorth

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 9:29pm

it just annoys me that 2 out of about 6 active members decided what to do :(

galrauch

Beginner

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 6:05am

I'm with DG and demo, you could've given the Horde away or something. Seems a little selfish when there are active hordes and aspiring Warlords that will never likely be able to afford a lvl 12 Hut.
Bad move.
It could've been very useful for XP battles, healing after DB (or other battles following hordes without full HH). ...j :cursing: ?( ust threw it away.

Saturday, December 26th 2009, 8:02pm

got what she wanted, it didnt work out.
get rid of it.

nice and simple :(

Caeridwen

Beginner

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 12:42pm

Wow. Could you guys be any harsher? Trust me when I say that I know it wasn't easy for Terri and Lost to decide to disband the horde. But honestly, I would have done the same thing.

If you had a horde that you truly loved and respected... could you leave it dead, knowing that it would be attacked every chance it got because it had a level 12 healing hut and people might actually volunteer for that? I've seen enough dead hordes without the hut attacked that I couldn't bear to see it happen if it was HoM. I actually respect the two of them for their decision to disband it while it was still something to be remembered fondly and not let the honor of the horde be dragged through the mud.

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 2:41pm

Well if you were in the horde from when she took over, it wasnt what you would call nice.

It might have beent he right descision, but i didnt like it :(