You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 652.

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 3:58am

Author: falcotron

Team quest

For those who don't know AIW: Over there, team missions give: a much higher chance of a rune (artifact)--I think 5 or 6 times as highfree healingno amber (credits)no chance of any other rewards (gear, diamonds, etc.)less xp than volcano (hard) solo missions, but more than valley (easy) ones--which makes a big difference over there, since you have a choice of what to take, and most people take all hard for the guaranteed 36xp/day (which is why people level faster there than here)I don't think TG ...

Saturday, May 29th 2010, 3:53am

Alliance Chat

One really big problem (which doesn't exist in AIW): Let's say you're in horde X, Joe Schmoe is in horde Y, and John Doe is in horde Z. Y is allied to both X and Z, but X and Z aren't allied to each other. So, when you go into alliance chat, Joe will see (and try to chat with) both you and John, but the two of you won't see each other. Now multiply that by 20 people or so, and it could be a huge mess if anyone tried to actually use it....

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 4:30am

(Forum game) Type your username with your elbow

Quoted from "roandraak" This time with my nose : roandraak Big toe: rokandraak So it's true that Dutch people are trained to operate 4 typewriters or keyboards at the same time.

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 1:44am

warning: do not deal with (new) insecta

Well, he just admitted to me that the reason we had to wait until Monday was not that I forced him to wait, but that, "yo i had personal matter and was unable to come online!!!" But, at the same time, he was still complaining to other people that I forced him to wait until Monday. I guess, whatever those personal problems of his were, they must have been my fault? He's also pulled two more numbers out of his hat that were never mentioned by anyone at any time during that week, $181 and $186.

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 12:54am

Quoted from "iceman" seems like there are more than just two versions... That's the nice thing about being a bald-faced liar; you never have to worry about being consistent with yourself. Was it the hammer he wanted, or the helm? Did he offer $10 over the top bid, or did I ask for $10 over the top bid? Did he offer $160 or $150 for the account? He can't even remember what the truth is supposed to be, but if he keeps adding more exclamation points each time, maybe someone will believe him.

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 8:33am

Well, that's an interesting story. Too bad almost none of it is true. In fact, most of it isn't even self-consistent, much less consistent with reality, and even by his own admission he made deals that he reneged on (such as offering $10 more than anyone else for the hammer and then deciding he didn't want to pay even as much as the highest bidder, much less $10 more--that part is true, except that he added the excuse that he was drunk when he made the bid so it didn't count). He seems to believ...

Wednesday, May 26th 2010, 12:10am

When is enough?

Quoted from "aspirin" But in battles normally half of the damage goes to opponents' pets... How can you see that? I remember they were going to change the numbers in the battle reports to make them less confusing and useless, but I can't remember what they did. Does the overview now shows total damage done only to players, while the individual fights show damage to players and companions combined, so you can add up the individual fights and subtract out the overview total and the remainder is t...

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 11:50pm

appearance

Quoted from "limo-joka" i still would like to have at least 2 or 3 ugly black guys to choose.ugly or super ugly i want more You know, walking down Harrison St. in San Francisco last weekend, I'm pretty sure I heard the exact same thing from this big guy hanging around outside The Stud.

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:46am

Since fake-insecta presumably doesn't have the real insecta's forum account, and doesn't want anyone to know who he actually is, he sent this to me in a PM: Quoted from "insecta" very nice posting on forum!!! if your going to leave the game, just leave!!! The funny thing is, I wanted to leave, and I had a half-dozen people who between them were willing to buy all my stuff and then buy my character, and I would have left weeks ago. But unfortunately, someone decided to fraudulent outbid all of th...

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:38am

When is enough?

Quoted from "Redeemer" Most people in W3 seem to think that there's some sort of stat ratio that one should try to attain on the pet, say 4.0x level for instance. As I've said elsewhere, the idea that there's some kind of ideal stat ratio that applies to all characters at all levels is complete nonsense. If GAS had gone out of their way to design the game so your daily income and your stat costs go up exactly evenly, sure, that would make sense, but they haven't. So, stat ratios climb higher an...

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:27am

Question about plunder pay-outs

As I said elsewhere, the difference in veggies used for after-plunder healing isn't that big. My guess is that the extra cost will be at most 1/4th of the extra pay, or in that general ballpark. The problem with having no armor is that you have no armor the rest of the day. If you're high-enough level that enough active players want to hit you for xp, they will all hit you, and you'll log in dead every day after work--and that's where the real extra cost is. At level 29 in a high-level world, th...

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:17am

appearance

The game doesn't say it's stone age Europe anywhere. And I don't think there were too many Octus monsters running around in the Elbe in the stone ages. Nor were there Lava Devils, or volcanos for them to live in, or magical Mine Guardians, or mines for them to guard, or ruins of past civilizations to explore, or... really, almost nothing in the game fits with stone-age Europe. But there is a good reason not to have more black faces: Have you noticed how ugly all of the pictures are? Do you reall...

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:06am

Alliance Chat

In AIW, they added a chat for alliance leaders, which is occasionally handy. And one of the first things the players asked for was a chat for all alliance members, which would be just as handy and a lot more fun. I thought it was a great idea over there, and I think it's a great idea here.

Monday, May 24th 2010, 5:11am

When is enough?

Quoted from "Thunderwolf" This is not the best example, the hyena actually has slightly weaker stats everywhere and is already leveled once, but the HP difference is big enough.. But looking at their final LP brings me back to my other question: Do you ever see pets dying, even in long battles? There's not enough info given there to see how much damage the owners took, but I'm guessing it's around 2000 (the absolute lowest it could be is 1267, and that's if the humans never hit each other at al...

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 1:32pm

Quoted from "beckinsale" Yeah, I was kinda in a hurry to buy and do my pet's stats when they first came out. Should have gone here at the forum before doing anything. Well, nobody really knew any better at the time. I was lucky enough to be playing in two worlds, and to be closer to level 70 than 60 in one of those worlds, so I could basically use W1DE as an experiment. People who only play in one world, and who weren't that close to the next upgrade, pretty much had to guess what they were doi...

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 1:13pm

Quoted from "iceman" all the veteran players in Eng w1 know one another. i think all of us have respect for the players left that has been there trough the storms. out of this respect to eachother, i find it to be no more than normal to change the name and don't slander the previous owner with actions such as this. in my opinion it shows little decensy and respect. Well, I agree with you there. The first account transfer I know of in any English-language world of any GAS game was when Profundus...

Friday, May 21st 2010, 11:05am

When is enough?

Quoted from "Thunderwolf" With the dutch world's sub-top reaching 40 now something interesting has occured there as well, the pitbull who were adequately raised since level 30 up to level 35 can do more damage than the level 40 hyena's, and also level slightly faster (I think). The only thing the pitbull's don't have is the high hp of a lv40 creature. This makes people who do make the change hold on in fights longer (the pets have more hp->more turns in battle) whereas the people who have kept ...

Friday, May 21st 2010, 10:48am

Quoted from "beckinsale" Changed my weapon. Bought a better one, though it's 22 lvls higher than mine . Still, it was better than the older lvl 21 I had. Good move--weapons are almost always worth going as far ahead as you can find and afford. Quoted from "beckinsale" My base stats are as follows - the mostly used stats config. str 190 dex 177 agi 150 sta 147 acc 61 This is a pretty good PvP build, but it's not a good plunder build at all. So, unless your plan is to power-level through a few ho...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 10:26pm

Differences in Mercenary Pricing Across Worlds

Quoted from "Redeemer" In W1 for instance the average prices I've seen from level 55 to 58 is 7-8 diamonds max People are paying you 7-8 diamonds when you're 10 levels back? Wow, they like to throw away money. The top people only get 9-12, and one of them is worth a lot more than 1-1/2 of you.... Quoted from "Redeemer" I'm sure there's probably some long list of things that go into determining something like this though, but I cannot begin to predict exactly what all of those things are. I thin...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 10:18pm

When is enough?

Quoted from "Redeemer" Though there are still some people that swear that you should upgrade every ten or so levels to be competitive (they're mostly in W8 and probably the other new worlds as well). It's difficult convincing these people that it's normal to keep a horse for 20-30 levels. There are even a few people in the earlier worlds who think that way. You'd think after 2 years of being lowest at their level in both personal and horse stats, they'd learn their lesson, but I guess not. But ...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 8:51am

A bunch of things: Always put the better weapon in the main hand. You hit with the main hand 2/3rds of the time. So, if one weapon has, say, 12HP more than the other, putting them backward is like throwing away 6HP.Extra gear doesn't matter. The monster matches (+/- a huge random variation, of course) the DEF and HP of the best gear you own (whether or not that's what you have equipped). Of course it's worth selling it off to get the amber (and, if appropriate, diamonds), because the longer you ...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 8:09am

POLL

Quoted from "Thunderwolf" With feast enabled that would be a potential 22%/hour, meaning you'd heal up completely in under 5 hours. Yeah, but that means 5 hours of sitting around doing nothing. (If you're at work, you only get 2%/hour, so it would take over 2 days.) Besides requiring you to be here 8 hours/day instead of 3 to get 5 hours worth of SFs, that also means throwing away 15K worth of wages. That's better than spending 24K on healing, but it's still nowhere near free. And of course thi...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 7:39am

When is enough?

Quoted from "Redeemer" ... I've also seen people that have spent much, much less. (Hint: if you spend very little on your pet you will be owned every time when you go up against someone who has spent a lot.) And don't forget the difference in plunders. As I've mentioned elsewhere, my high personal AGI was definitely hurting me in plunder pay compared to other people with similar total stats and gear. But, once I got my wolf's stat cost up to about 1/3rd of mine, I was making nearly as much as t...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 7:09am

Quoted from "Redeemer" If I remember right, it was because the person that took over their original account didn't change the name and they couldn't change the name on their new account "insecta" to their old account name because of it. The person who bought my accounts in two other worlds changed the name of his old account before selling it, to make sure that didn't happen. Anyway, he could still change it to something different. Other players have done the same thing. When Forge bought a cha...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 6:51am

Eat your cake (or armor) and have it too*

They changed the game a long, long time ago so the monsters match the best gear you own, not what you're currently wearing. So what you did with the stomach armor had no effect at all (except to make you take a little more damage). That's why you have to actually sell the armor. Hence this trick. Selling your armor to a friend to buy back later is the same as selling it permanently as far as plunders go; the game has no way of knowing you're going to buy it back later. As for your upgrades, none...

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 6:15am

Quoted from "iceman" i would however like to point out that the person now running insecta is not the insecta we have known for over a year and all loved. insecta's acc has been taken over a while ago. Yeah, I knew that. Thanks for mentioning it, and I'll change the thread subject to make it clear. I never had any problems with the original insecta. I suspect the new insecta is the same guy who, under a previous name, pulled all kinds of dirty tricks with mercing as captain of PB (making a ridi...

Monday, May 17th 2010, 8:22pm

POLL

Quoted from "Cosmobu" they don't need to spend that much in healies, either. Since I just sold my armor in W1DE last night and then went to work for 9 hours, I have more evidence. I logged in at 33% health, while I'd previously been averaging 91%. I had 6 DRs in 9 hours, for an average damage of 4099 instead of my usual 1261, even though I was attacked by people significantly weaker than my usual attackers. I also tried 2 xp hits, and took an average of 4431hp instead of my usual 1913hp. If you...

Monday, May 17th 2010, 4:44am

The most important assumption there is that level 55 is near the top of your world. If not--well, a 55 in a world of 68s won't be an xp cow no matter what, and will die just as fast against the top guys with or without armor, won't be giving up any serious advantages (you don't get good merc deals or gear-trading benefits anyway), and, for that matter, wouldn't get much for selling the ice armor now instead of later. But then if you're a 55 in a world of 68s, you're not going to be at all compet...

Monday, May 17th 2010, 4:40am

POLL

OK, I did the math on this. In the worst case I could think of for armor-wearers, you're talking about about a 7% overall increase in profit in exchange for all those top-level advantages, which I don't think is worth it. But there's a way you can get (almost) the best of both worlds. The short version is: Get some 1-socket blacksmith armor (and don't enchant it), have a friend do the same, trade back and forth every day so you can go armorless during plunders but armored the rest of the day. Th...

Monday, May 17th 2010, 4:34am

Selling your armor increases your plunder pay. But it also means you waste a ton of amber on healing every day now that you're everyone's favorite xp cow, and you never get hired as a merc, and you fall behind in xp and stop making diamonds and cash as a gear merchant, and so on. Overall, I think it's a bad trade. But what if you could get the best of both worlds? Well, now you can! (Sort of.) You'll need a partner. Someone you can trust, not just trust not to screw you over, but trust to show u...

Monday, May 17th 2010, 12:56am

When is enough?

The stat difference may not be that big, but the HP, DEF, and LP are much higher. The DEF and LP probably don't really matter much, even in battles--my pet's often still at 70% even when I'm dead, and the healing costs are only 1/9th as high as yours. But the HP definitely makes a difference.

Monday, May 17th 2010, 12:53am

EDIT: As iceman pointed out, the player now using the account insecta is not the original insecta, but a recent purchaser. It's the new insecta who did all of this, not the original. The original was always fair and honest in his dealings with me. Since I have no idea who the new insecta is, you might consider this a warning about any high-level account that moves to PB, as it may be the same guy. EDIT 2: The new insecta is the former TheSleepingGiant, who has a long and public history of screwi...

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 5:14am

POLL

Quoted from "Cosmobu" I think you are way off, falcotron. At the end of the day, people who drop their armour make more amber and therefore, more tp's, everyday. w4 is all the evidence i need. they get stronger, not by having the best gear or stat arrangement, but by wearing no armour. they don't need to spend that much in healies, either. As I said, I'm comparing the exact same character, who went from having granite armor to no armor. He's dropped from a close 6th in total stats to a distant ...

Monday, May 10th 2010, 10:55am

Special Monster battles

Quoted from "JimW2" And include a whole new range of monsters to battle. Make them really cool things like T-rex's or centours or something. Yes, definitely! Great idea! Quoted from "JimW2" I'm sick of chasing the stone crushers and watching the night trolls Well, that's intentional on the Druid's part. After another year or, you'll see that there's a graceful poetry in the long-term patterns of the night trolls, and then you will be on your way to an enlightened mastery of the martial arts. Yo...

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 9:33pm

POLL

If you actually sell your armor, it still works. The guy who bought my W1DE character immediately sold off my armor. He makes about 12K/day more in plunders than I used to, and still never loses. He's also throwing away about 30K/day more in healing and 4xp/day (and that would be more like 50K and 8xp if he were still xp hunting the way I used to), so I think it's a very, very bad trade--but I suppose if you don't mind trashing your character permanently in exchange for a shot at having the high...

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 9:02pm

W1 Stats Leaderboard

Sorry, they changed the page layout enough with the companion update that it broke everything, and I haven't put the time into getting it working again. If I have time tomorrow (and don't stay out too late tonight) I'll give it another go. If I get it working, it'll probably even include companion stats. Meanwhile, if anyone has some basic scripting and spreadsheet skills, I can turn over everything I have so they can start doing updates. (As long as nothing changes, it's actually very easy. But...

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 8:58pm

Special Monster battles

Quoted from "The Hostile One" great idea sorry just seen we need something like this ans tbh GAS u need step up a gear lol =P I think it's my fault; that Bryan Adams joke probably hurt Demon Stabber's feelings, so he won't pass the idea on now. Anyway, seriously, I think this is one of the best suggestions in a long time. The mechanics are close enough to AIW team missions that it would save a lot of the design and coding effort, but the feel would be totally different so it would actually make...

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 9:08am

An end to it all??

Quoted from "JimW2" A good point on being able to by pre-generated characters. Although it is possible now to buy departing players (such as yourself) characters, just it isn't technically supported by Gas. Yes, great point. But I think it would be better for new players, and for the game in general, if those characters were always available, and always consistent, then a few random characters available at different times--and usually either in the top 10 or way, way behind. Also, it would be b...

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 7:28am

An end to it all??

Quoted from "JimW2" I was just using level 300 and 4 years as an example and hadn't put much thought into the time frames. Yeah, I know. As I said, you're right on all the important stuff; that's just one minor detail that doesn't really matter. Quoted from "JimW2" So effectivly a dedicated player joining today could catch up (reasonably) with the top 20 players considering the top players are forced to slow down due to the ever expanding XP needed per level and the fact the number of XP cows t...

Wednesday, May 5th 2010, 11:49am

An end to it all??

Quoted from "JimW2" For example: Is the max level we can reach 99 or 100? ... Or could I possibly still be playing in 4 years time with a level 300 character using my asteriod (or some other really cool name) armor ? .. I suspect GAS may be writting the game as the .de's get there and that they wouldn't be willing to advertise an end otherwise people would work out if they are too far behind and give up hope and quit that world for a younger one, they would only be left with the top 10 or 20 pl...

Wednesday, May 5th 2010, 3:15am

Horde Battle?

Quoted from "Kiddo" lol yw bekin,keep up the good ol' fightin! see falco,with a reply like that it mkes you sound a lil stuck up and egotistic What's stuck up about that? It's not random, but it might as well be. I wasted a lot of time figuring that out. If you're smarter than me, you won't waste that time. If you're as dumb as me, I can save you the time by telling you the answer, but I'm expecting you don't care.

Wednesday, May 5th 2010, 3:13am

combine worlds

The reason they don't do this one is that there are obvious problems with it. The admins pointed those problems out the first time it was suggested in Holy War, and again the first time it was suggested here, and nobody's ever come up with an answer. So, when people suggest it again 6 months later, without answering any of the problems, what should they do with it? Repeat themselves all over again? Here are just two of the problems that would have to be solved: Some people have accounts in both ...

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 5:15pm

Horde Battle?

It's not actually random. If you want the full details of how matchups are determined, I'm pretty sure I posted a thread on it somewhere. However, in any decent-sized battle it's chaotic enough that you're not going to predict the lineups. And even for a tiny battle, being able to predict the lineups doesn't actually give you any control over them, unless you're planning out both side of the battle and deciding exactly who will fight. So, it might as well be random.

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 1:46pm

When was the last time

Quoted from "brok" I'm not sure if it was you or TBK or Drad who mentioned it on HW first, but they'd still keep old worlds alive, make bank if they simply instituted pre-leveled character sales. Actually, I think it was Big Phil who first came up with it. But yeah, I definitely liked that suggestion, and it would work almost as well here as there. (Maybe not quite as well, given how much easier it is for players to sell characters in HW as here, but still well enough to be worth doing.) Quoted...

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 5:10am

When was the last time

Quoted from "JimW2" Regarding the people who left who survived off of the tix transfers. In order to earn the tix they also had to be very vocal in forums and SB's to make sure people noticed them. eg "player xxx is great, he is always around and always contributing, so we need to hire him to merc for us". So as they left things got quieter. That's a great point. Even the ones who didn't leave, many of them aren't as vocal as they used to be. Quoted from "JimW2" And seriously an old world would...

Saturday, May 1st 2010, 6:57pm

When was the last time

Quoted from "hannibal2" but i would like GAS to bring back mercing for tix as i do think that has damaged the game Actually, since they made that change, I've merced and sold gear for cash instead of tix, and I like that better. But it's obviously not good for GAS. At first, I spent the money to keep up my premium in HW and AIW (where there are fewer ways to get tix), but pretty soon I just started spending it on other things. That's money GAS would have gotten if there were still tix transfers...

Friday, April 30th 2010, 10:31pm

#2/3 W1 account for sale

Update: It seems like I might be able to make a lot more money selling off all my gear and deleting, instead of selling my account. Kind of sad, but whatever. If you want to bid on my stuff instead, see this thread.

Friday, April 30th 2010, 10:30pm

why do you still play tag?

I'm still playing because nobody has bought my account or all my gear yet. I don't hate the game, or GAS. There's only one better commercial browser RPG out there, and that's AI War. And I haven't found any browser game companies that are better than GAS. That's why I played for 2+ years*--every time I looked around, I found nothing better, so I stayed here. But that's not enough anymore. It's just not enough fun to be worth all the time and energy it takes. And yeah, as Havoc says, it does remi...

Friday, April 30th 2010, 8:02pm

#2/3 W1 account for sale

Updated; top bid is now $70.

Friday, April 30th 2010, 7:59pm

When was the last time

Quoted from "brok" any one notice how this thread has increased activity on this board by 75%? That's because you and Redeemer are the only English-language players who actually use the Tagoria forum, and two players isn't enough to create any real activity. Although I have to give you two credit for trying. Quoted from "Meath" u never replied to? would take me 6 months to find a thread you havent posted in lol How about every single thread from May to November 2009, when I didn't log on to the...